• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

HELP! Can't get temps up in Pellet Pooper

Well, I went out to the warehouse and made my own blend with some cherry, pecan, sugar maple and mesquite all out of broken bags in one of Chris' jugs. Only pellets that I know of which will drop temps on any cooker are our apple blend. They tend to cook 10-15 degrees cooler (course with the fancy controllers, that just means they'll burn more pellets to keep the temp up). Working at a pellet plant has some advantages...I'll not hi-jack the thread any more than this!

Feel free to send me some of your broken bags!! I'll pay the shipping!!!

On to the next problem of the day!
So, with my delayed start, the brisket is looking to be done around 1am!! My question is "How long can I have the foil-wrapped brisket rest in the cooler after it is removed from the grill?". Am I going to have to stay up half the night to let it rest and then slice and package it, or can I let it rest until morning?
As always, THANKS!

One other option......We've got a warming drawer in our kitchen. Could I just put the foil-wrapped brisket into the warming drawer and let it set until morning?

You folks that use heating fuel are truly gambling with your food's quality. I work at a pellet plant and I wouldn't use our heating fuel to cook with.

Well, this turned out to be my best brisket yet, even after the troubles! Sandwiches for lunch and brisket chili for dinner!!

IMG00009-20091206-1029.jpg

IMG00010-20091206-1030.jpg

Kinda late now but, Yes! Wrap that sucker up in foil really tight and line a cooler with a towel to wrap around it and that thing will stay hot for hours! I think letting them rest longer makes them more moist and tender... the bark suffers for it though.

You folks that use heating fuel are truly gambling with your food's quality. I work at a pellet plant and I wouldn't use our heating fuel to cook with.

I am in no way doubting the quality of your product, But on the other hand, I would love to see a analisys (sp) between Somerset Heating pellets and the oak that you sell. I have tried OHP and Somerset and my findings are that the OHP can have a lower temp because of the length of the pellet. But the Somerset pellets are short and deliver excellent results as a filler BTU source to stretch the yield of expensive flavour pellets.

Dan

Back