More Pizza On the Kettle !!

VoodoChild

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
Been trying different pizza methods ... Was Looking at makin a franken -Weber or Modify a kettle in some way or buy a pizza accesory and then I remebered I saw this On The site yet had not tried ... Best Pizzas yet...
The `Ol 2 Fire bricks under the pizza stone ! whoodathunkit.. !!1
Didnt burn the bottom crust was best yet ....
I used 2 chimneys of kingsford blue Dump 1 on ech side of the kette , Put stones in place ,put lid on with top and btm vents wide open to preheat stone... after 7 minutes it was 500 degrees comming out of the vent.
These pizza took about 20 minutes to come out like this ..obviously I overcokked the one .. But any thats how I arrived .the one is shrimp/ jalpeno and onions and the others were onion, pepperoni

DSC01562_zps702ac41d.jpg

DSC01576_zps5adcd269.jpg

DSC01575_zps48542605.jpg

Looks great! Everybody should keep a few spare firebricks around; they are a great "save-the-day" accessory!

That looks great! :hungry: I've been experimenting with 1 1/4" thick firebrick laying on the grate and firing with two chimneys of lump. But I was also using tortilla griddles since I lacked a proper peel.

P1010788-PP.JPG

But I've got a peel now and I'm going to give it a shot right on the bricks. I measure them at over 600°F using an IR thermometer.

I'm also working with whole wheat flour. First batch was made using half and half whole wheat and general purpose flour.

That is the perfect pizza crust that I strive for.
Outstanding job, thank you for the fire brick tip.

One thing ... Is with doing this and having a diminishing overall temp over the course of 1 hour it took to do 3 pizza`s ...The first pic ,Obviously the fire was good n hot I just over cooked... 2nd pizza you can see the crust is almost really good ! the third looked really good as well but the very middle was cooked just not as much ... since I banked the coals on the sides of course by pizza 3 the center was cooler than the edges after 40 mins it took for the first 2 pies .. but Im learning and getting closer

Back