Beef Ribs, Corn and Spam

cowgirl

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
Nothing fancy... I hadn't smoked spam or bacon wrapped corn for quite awhile. Also wanted to try out a new rub from Brethren Tuscaloosa (Paul, thanks again!)

I rubbed some beef ribs with Dink's Beef Rub...

8674b1e7-c14a-4d78-873f-691abc4caeea_zpsa3732915.jpg

Seasoned the corn with Big Poppa's Jalapeno rub...

502fdad1-d270-47e0-922e-e8b05b0997f9_zps5d312b0e.jpg

into the BPS drum with a kiss of mesquite...

5bfcaea8.jpg

22052ea1-b21c-4a35-9d71-671d17ab589d_zps8d3daff7.jpg

After a few hours I added the corn and a Spam...

9ec7f610-6345-4a59-8b51-71eefa0996d0_zps9074f980.jpg

when the Spam "bloomed" I sprinkled it with brown sugar and cayenne...then spritzed with whiskey to make a glaze.

da8bb1ca-77e6-4257-9bd4-99905901ca82_zps4f76693b.jpg

ecbd6181-9a19-450a-9f56-a254748b77ff_zps9555efbb.jpg

pulled the corn off when the bacon was crisp...pulled the ribs off when they were tender...

ba4d490d-6e81-44c3-9a00-8b76084800fe_zps8a956e23.jpg

e7414f23-869c-4d1a-a0d7-e1af575a0275_zps5d4d859e.jpg

added a green sprig to make it look healthy...

992f2cff-4cb2-46ef-83bb-3f582ba0fe3c_zpsdb29afee.jpg

Not sure if it's legal to serve meat with a side dish of meat, but no one complained. :)

Loved the Dink's...thanks again Paul!

Thank you for looking!

Looks great. I love your custom cooking grate.

Love the SS BPS...I forgot yours was SS. Was it hard to drill yours out?

Great looking chow Jeanie! Those ribs look INCREDIBLE. :hungry:

Looks great. I love your custom cooking grate.
Thank you! I really like the grate. Matt and Meyer Metal Works made it. It's easy to keep clean and it's really heavy duty. He does nice work!

Love the SS BPS...I forgot yours was SS. Was it hard to drill yours out?

Great looking chow Jeanie! Those ribs look INCREDIBLE. :hungry:
Thanks Keith! About 2 years ago Big Poppa had a few of these drums made up... I was honored to receive one of them. http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=141618
I've pretty much ignored my old home built one since getting this one. I have named it The Music Man. :)

I would become a vegetarian if I could wrap all my veggies with bacon!

lol I think I would too.... thanks!!

I wish my beef ribs look like that. Also I will have to try the corn this summer when mine is ready.

Everything about that post totally rocks. Period! :clap2:
Greg Thanks!! Hope all's well on your end of the world. :-D

I wish my beef ribs look like that. Also I will have to try the corn this summer when mine is ready.
Got the ribs from my butcher, his family raises beef so when I run out of mine, I eat theirs. Bet your home grown corn is excellent!

• Thanks
Reactions: gtr
Wow Jeanie that looks great. I have to try that bacon wrapped corn now after seeing yours.

Jim thank you! I really liked the jalapeno rub on them too, added a nice kick. :-D

Yummy lookin meal! All the bones grew the same way this time.Musthavebeen a different steer/heifer.Ha! I still ain't sure bout them bones that go different ways.:shocked: Thanks for sharing.I am gonna check your blog,I need a go to beef rib cook.Mine are not so good and I have a freezer full of them.Mine are always greasey.:confused: BTW,love the Spam.Good Eats!

Yummy lookin meal! All the bones grew the same way this time.Musthavebeen a different steer/heifer.Ha! I still ain't sure bout them bones that go different ways.:shocked: Thanks for sharing.I am gonna check your blog,I need a go to beef rib cook.Mine are not so good and I have a freezer full of them.Mine are always greasey.:confused: BTW,love the Spam.Good Eats!

lol Thanks Hoss! I'm not sure about those east-west ribs either. Kept my fingers crossed on these. :-D
A couple of these ribs had quite a large fat cap, I chose the leaner one for me. I bet your ribs are awesome...probably home grown too. Thanks for the kind comment, good to see ya. :thumb:

Nice looking food there. You are an inspiration to me and many others! Thanks.

Marty, you are very kind! I can say the same about you... I love your cooks! Thanks Friend... :-D

Jeanie, everything looks great & have to 'borrow' your "spam blossom' idea (you had me at "then spritzed with whiskey ") for the Texas Bash in April (or you could join us & show us how it's really done)

Love your cooks Jeanie, this was exceptional. Haven't seen Spam since I was a kid. Might have to take another look at it.

Dang another fine cook and the green on the plate did push it over the top!

Never let down opening one of your cook threads my friend, thanks

Back