• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Picked up a Vision Kamado from Costco a few months ago.

bbqrules

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
First, I love this site. So much good info on what we all love...:clap:

I wanted to share my first attempt at a butt on the new grill. Been doing ribs, pork tenderloin, chicken, steak and even pizza. Destroyed ( not in a good way) my first rack of ribs I tried by cooking them way too hot. Learned from the mistake.

Did this over the weekend. 13 hours between 220 and 250 until it hit 190 internal. Best Butt I have ever done. Took the pulled pork to a football party Sunday and it disappeared in just a few minutes! Love this grill.

IMG_0244.jpg

IMG_0155.jpg

Looks awesome. Feels great to watch a crowd chow down on your cooking.

You should be able to cook anything on that thing.

Mind sharing how you destroyed your ribs? What temp did you cook them at, what process. The reason I ask is because many will use 3-2-1 cooking method, but then combine it with higher cooking temps, and that's always a recipe for pork soup.

I'm also a new Vision owner as of about a week ago.. Got it on closeout for $220 -- it was a Costco return that got sold to a liquidation company in San Diego.

I'm also a new Vision owner as of about a week ago.. Got it on closeout for $220 -- it was a Costco return that got sold to a liquidation company in San Diego.

Lucky devil. I paid $570 for mine. I love the Vision Kamado, I smoke or grill 5 times a week since I got it. It has taken my Q to a new level.

SWEET deal!

At that price my wife would be shaking her head at me . . . again!

Butt looks awesome. I picked a new Vision up a couple weeks ago myself. Costco is selling them at $399 right now. I have some beef, onions and peppers on right now smoking for chili.

i love mine too. i think it is a great product and their support is exceptional. i am smoking some sausages with peppers and onions as i type.

Costco has the Vision in stock again, at least in some of the stores in San Diego county. $559.99. Gunna bite the bullet and buy one this time. Almost did last year, but they sold out before I could make up my mind. It'll be my first ceramic smoker.

I've looked at them and for the price they look incredible!!

My wife has given me the go if I want one. I'm just still not sure what I want yet. Still looking and deciding.

Also, I'm happy with what I have for now!!

Honestly at $559 I would test spend ten extra money for a big green egg, for no other reason that he replacement parts. Unless the bge parts are interchangeable it's just not worth the investment if the slide vent rusts out or the latch breaks.

We got our Vision Kamado Pro Series III at the home depot for $ 699.00
The main addition in pro series line is the ash dump and vent dials. I have cooked many things so far and will tell you that it's not perfect. The ash dump is functional but it leaks around the edges when I have the dials closed down. The lid leaks as well, Nothing a plastic bucket couldn't cure. All in all it is a great all around cooker. I wish you luck with yours!

Attachments

• ribs 001.jpg
    ribs 001.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 47
Back