MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 04-28-2012, 10:40 AM   #1
Gato Gordo
Knows what a fatty is.

Default New Stoker Application Released

I have just released a new application for the Stoker Power Draft System from Rock's Bar-B-Que. The application is free for anyone that wants to use it. The application has been tested on Windows, Linux, and Mac, but it should run anywhere Java is supported.

Give it a try and let me know what you think.

You find it at: http://GatoGordoBBQ.com
Gato Gordo is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->

Old 04-28-2012, 11:33 AM   #2
AustinKnight
is One Chatty Farker

Name/Nickname : D

I don't have a stoker, but I'm happy people like you write application like this. Good job :thumbup:

Old 04-28-2012, 11:48 AM   #3
Bebe
Full Fledged Farker

thank you, i'll try it..
not very happy with my stalker (black box) since the new wifi release.. too many disconnects.
Bebe is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-28-2012, 12:06 PM   #4
TTNuge
Full Fledged Farker

Could you give us a few highlights of what your software has that StokerLog doesn't? I like the profiles you have for saving/loading different cook profiles but I'm also not sure if I would like to give up the Twitter capability.

I'll definitely be giving it a shot though

Old 04-28-2012, 03:14 PM   #5
pwa
is One Chatty Farker

I had the pleasure of beta testing this for Gato, and it while be my got to software to run with my stoker. I think one biggest advantages of Stoker Console is the way it manages the temp probe when running multiple pits. I also love the way the set point lines can be separated between different food probes. The flexibility is outstanding. I would like twiter feed as well but never thought of it since I was never able to get it to work on stokerlog.

Sorry to here your having trouble Bebe have you talked with rocks? I haven't been able to get mine to disconnect and have been trying different combos. I know Amir of stokerlogs has his up for 2 days straight trying to disconnect and can't make it. Have you tried re-flashing it see if it got a bad flash the first time?

pwa
pwa is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-28-2012, 04:15 PM   #6
Bebe
Full Fledged Farker

tell ya the truth, i didn't try to reflush it - that could the problem, it was working fine before the latest firmware. I'll definitely do that! ...push comes to shove i will call Rock if it still drops connection. I ordered the wifi guru, just in case (i'm very happy with their digiq 2)
Now is not a biggie, is warm outside, but in the winter it comes handy
Bebe is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-29-2012, 12:18 AM   #7
Gato Gordo
Knows what a fatty is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTNuge View Post
Could you give us a few highlights of what your software has that StokerLog doesn't? I like the profiles you have for saving/loading different cook profiles but I'm also not sure if I would like to give up the Twitter capability.

I'll definitely be giving it a shot though
I don't run StokerLog so I am not sure of all the differences, but some of the highlights are:

1. Runs on OSs other than Windows. I use Linux, but it also runs on Macs.

2. Allows creation of custom graphs. If you are using your Stoker to control multiple pits, you can create a separate graph for each pit.

3. Provides both chart and dial graphs. There are times when I do not want to watch the historical information that the chart gives and I just want to see the current temperature.

4. Provides support for timers. When I am cooking ribs, I cook by time, not by temperature. With the timer support, I can set the timers for the cook at the beginning. For example, I can set a timer at 3 hours to remind me to foil the ribs, at 5 hours to unwrap the ribs, and at 6 hours to eat the ribs.

5. Allows the addition of annotations to the graph.

6. Allows you to zoom in on a section of the graph to better see what happened.

I am not sure if StokerLog adds any additional support for Twitter, but since Twitter is supported directly by the Stoker device, no matter what program you use to control it, you will not have to give up the Twitter interface. I have never used Twitter, but from reading the Stoker documentation it appears that the Twitter support involves sending messages to your Twitter account with temperature updates. This is what StokerConsole does with its email support. For example, I send emails to my phone to let me know how the temperature progresses. If the Twitter support is something beyond this, please let me know.

Old 04-29-2012, 10:41 PM   #8
RX2006JE
On the road to being a farker

I am having problems gettin my stoker to connect to the telnet. It won't ever find the stoker. I do not have this issue with stokerlog. any suggestions would be appreciated. I have input the ip for the stoker and it does match up with the one that is in the stoker. Other than that the manual doesn't say what to do if it doesn't connect.
RX2006JE is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-30-2012, 04:02 AM   #9
Gato Gordo
Knows what a fatty is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX2006JE View Post
I am having problems gettin my stoker to connect to the telnet. It won't ever find the stoker. I do not have this issue with stokerlog. any suggestions would be appreciated. I have input the ip for the stoker and it does match up with the one that is in the stoker. Other than that the manual doesn't say what to do if it doesn't connect.
First of all, make sure that you do not have StokerLog running when you attempt to connect from StokerConsole. The Stoker telnet interface can only support one connection at a time.

If it still does not connect, stop StokerConsole, edit the file log4j.properties in the resource directory and change the first line from:

log4j.rootLogger=info, file

to:

log4j.rootLogger=debug, file

Restart StokerConsole and try to connect again. If it still does not connect, post the log so I can see what is wrong.

Old 04-30-2012, 07:24 AM   #10
BigHatBBQ
Knows what a fatty is.

I'd like to include a Rock's Stoker on everything we sell, great product. Thanks for this.

Old 04-30-2012, 12:16 PM   #11
RX2006JE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gato Gordo View Post
First of all, make sure that you do not have StokerLog running when you attempt to connect from StokerConsole. The Stoker telnet interface can only support one connection at a time.

If it still does not connect, stop StokerConsole, edit the file log4j.properties in the resource directory and change the first line from:

log4j.rootLogger=info, file

to:

log4j.rootLogger=debug, file

Restart StokerConsole and try to connect again. If it still does not connect, post the log so I can see what is wrong.
I will try this evening when I get home, thanks for the response. FYI the Stokerlog was not running or even pulled up when I tried StokerConsloe.

Old 04-30-2012, 08:35 PM   #12
RX2006JE

site won't let me post the log says it is too long
pm me your email address and i will send it your way

Thanks

Tags
Stoker