Help with Pricing

jacob

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Reaction score
It really looks like I am about to be in the chit. I don't have much knowledge in pricing for large or small events. Heck I always enjoyed just cooking and giving it away for the comments on the food. It always helped to better my self. I want to be fare, but I also want to make money. I am meeting with Health department next week. Going to find out all I need to do to make them happy. So I need to be ready to quote prices for groups. The largest being 250. As always your replies are appreciated very much. Details Please.

Jacob:

Try looking at other catering menus in your area and develop your pricing within that range. Decide what you best serve and develop your pricing.
Pricing can be regional, just don't short yourself.

Another thought is to think how much it would cost for your minimum number of clients and triple it. Meaning if it cost you about 5 bucks a head to feed clients for a two item meat combo with sides, you may consider $15.00 per head or $14.99 (because it looks better).

Am I farking making sense:biggrin: ?

Jacob:

Try looking at other catering menus in your area and develop your pricing within that range. Decide what you best serve and develop your pricing.
Pricing can be regional, just don't short yourself.

Another thought is to think how much it would cost for your minimum number of clients and triple it. Meaning if it cost you about 5 bucks a head to feed clients for a two item meat combo with sides, you may consider $15.00 per head or $14.99 (because it looks better).

Am I farking making sense:biggrin:
?
Perfectly

Back