Ebay Score!! 1969 Avocado 22" Weber with Pr0n....

harris92

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Folks,

Told the wife I was done buying grills and smokers. That promise only lasted 1 week! I blame it on the addiction. Picked up this '69 Weber avocado beauty off Ebay!! It should be arriving in the next day or so. The lovely Mrs. is going to kill me but luckily Valentine's Day is tomorrow and I have a chance to deflect attention. I just hope the Mrs. doesn't want my Weber for Valentines.

Last edited:
Nice one!

Just give it to your wife for Valentine's Day, tell her you'll cook for her on it, and all will be well. :thumb:

How do you know its from 1969? I have an orange one I scored off craigslist that looks exactly like that one.

The top vent is stamped "Patent Pending".

"In 1968, Weber designed a new leg socket and filed a patent for it. They started stamping the top vent with ‘patent pending.’ These new leg sockets stopped using the metal thumbscrews. The patent was filed for in November of 1968, and granted in November of 1970. It’s safe to assume any grill with Patent Pending on the vent is a late 68, a 69, or a 70."

"November 10th, 1970, the US Patent office issued Weber a patent number. Weber replaced the ‘patent pending’ stamp with the patent number. This patent (3538906) is for the redesigned leg sockets (still in use today)."

I called Weber and emailed a picture. They said it is safe to assume '69.

Last edited:
Nice score... I have a grey one that I picked up off of CL last year that has the Patent Pending stamp...will have to check into that and see if it's the same.

nice ! but i'm thinkin its her's already. well, after you spiff it up a bit.

I really like that!

Every time I see a score thread I show my wife so she understands that I really don't have a problem. Well, beyond my other issues.

Nice score!!

I do think you need to find some USDA Prime or Waygu steaks for tomorrow.

:mrgreen:

wallace