MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 11-18-2012, 09:28 AM   #1
BobM
Babbling Farker

Default Lamb Ribs (pr0n)

In my local meat store, I saw a package with something called "lamb breast". To me it looked like lamb ribs with a thick layer of fat on it. My wife and I love lamb, so I figured I'd grab a couple and cook them up.

After doing some research, a lamb breast is basically the lamb version of a whole pork belly. My target was the ribs, so I trimmed them, saving the bellies in my freezer. Lamb bacon?

I rubbed the meat down with olive oil, garlic powder, salt, pepper and rosemary. I cooked them in my 18 1/2" WSM for about 5 hours at 275F, uncovered. The flavor was really good, though a bit fatty. Next time I'm going to do them a bit lower and slower to better render the fat.

The small piece of lamb belly/bacon I cooked was crunchy and really flavorful.

Lamb ribs front.

Lamb ribs back.

The bellies I trimmed off.

I cut one piece of belly/bacon to cook with the ribs.

Rubbed up and ready to go.

Mid cook.

Done.

Ready to be cut.

Hmmm.

The piece of lamb belly/bacon.

Bob
| [COLOR=RoyalBlue][COLOR=Red]Weber[/COLOR] 18 1/2" & 22 1/2" WSM[/COLOR], [COLOR=SeaGreen]22 1/2" & 26 3/4" OTG[/COLOR][COLOR=DimGray][COLOR=Black],[/COLOR] [COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]Genesis S-330[/COLOR][/COLOR] |[COLOR=DarkRed]
[COLOR=Black]|[/COLOR] BBQ Guru CyberQ WiFi [/COLOR]| [COLOR=DarkOrange]Maverick ET-732[/COLOR] | [COLOR=Gray]Gray Thermapen[/COLOR] |
BobM is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-18-2012, 09:30 AM   #2
IamMadMan
somebody shut me the fark up.

Nice Job....
IamMadMan is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-18-2012, 09:31 AM   #3
cameraman
Babbling Farker

Looks great. Very informative. Thanks for posting.
Smokey Joe (RIP)
a dorky little headlamp[/COLOR]
cameraman is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-18-2012, 10:14 AM   #4
Phubar

Nice work!

All fueled by [COLOR=lime]Ecobrasa[/COLOR] Coco Briquettes

*[URL="http://lowlandsmokers.blogspot.com/2011/06/lowland-smokers-workshop-hei-en-boeicop.html"]Lowland Smokers[/URL] Dutch BBQ Champion 2011 - 2012*
*[URL="http://lowlandsmokers.blogspot.com/2011/06/lowland-smokers-workshop-hei-en-boeicop.html"]Lowland Smokers[/URL] Dutch BBQ Champion 2013 Low 'n Slow
*WGA Ambassador
Phubar is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-18-2012, 03:00 PM   #5
buccaneer

Mmmmmm, looks good!