Vision Kamado ala Costo Upgrade?

Kimosabe

Found some matches.
Reaction score
The Nuub steps out from the unwashed masses and speaks ...

So I along with the 10s of thousands of other Dads getting their first Kamado for Father's Day, I chose not to fork out the BIG BUCKS for the BGE. So far I am VERY happy with the Vision.

However, the only part that has my attention is the top. It's stainless, it looks nice. But it does not have the flexibility of the cast iron ones I have seen.

I would really like to swap it out. Any suggestions?

Thanks!!

BTW... My wife no longer has to wonder what I'm doing on the Internet. She know's I'm here ... reading all of you! :eek:)

Get hold of Vision customer service - I have read they are good. Not sure though as I have never dealt with them. I think they may have a forum for customers too?

Here ya go!

imagejpeg

The Nuub steps out from the unwashed masses and speaks ...

So I along with the 10s of thousands of other Dads getting their first Kamado for Father's Day, I chose not to fork out the BIG BUCKS for the BGE. So far I am VERY happy with the Vision.

However, the only part that has my attention is the top. It's stainless, it looks nice. But it does not have the flexibility of the cast iron ones I have seen.

I would really like to swap it out. Any suggestions?

Thanks!!

BTW... My wife no longer has to wonder what I'm doing on the Internet. She know's I'm here ... reading all of you! :eek:)

You can't cheat with meat

I have the pro series model. The top is not the deciding factor in my opinion. The cast iron top that I have leaks too. I have learned to deal with the idiosyncrasy of my kamado. I have put a bucket at times over my top. Take the time to get to know your cooker. You will be happier and financially healthier in the end. my .02 worth
Jed

Yellowhair, After reading the responses here ... I'm not concerned for the immediate operation of the grill. It's more the long term life of the grill.

Granted it's Stainless steel. My thought was that Cast Iron had a longer functional life than the Stainless.

I intend to die of firsthand BBQ smoke. Years from now, will my son enjoy this thing as much as I have?

Back