UDS Boston Hind End Pron

brewski

Got Wood.
Reaction score
I had my first full cook on the UDS this weekend and man what a sweet cooking smoker! Makes me feel a little guilty as to how easy it is. Granddad might frown if he was still around to see me do Q this way but it is perfect for those cooks that you don't have time to enjoy with your buddies. It would have been real boring to hang around the drum like the traditional cooks manning the burn barrel and shoveling the embers.

I did a comparison from my last cook the tradional way with embers under the meat verses the UDS. I had two butts in the freezer that I thawed and warmed up and did a taste test. Can't say that one was better than the other. They actually had the same bark too.

I am also throwing in a picture of some Greek seasoned Chicken that I did on the upright gas with hickory chunks. Awesome chicken that gets great compliments. Thanks to the Brethren for the pleasure of the threads and the great skills that are shared.

Try pics again

Attachments

• SANY0017.jpg
    SANY0017.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 61
  • SANY0019.jpg
    SANY0019.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 62
  • SANY0016.jpg
    SANY0016.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 61
Nice chicken! Which cooker is that chicken on?
It is on a BBQ Grillware from Lowe's. I have had it for about 5-6 years. Really nice smoker for the money. Not sure if they are still made though. It is of heavier metal than the ones they have now and has a brass burner. And thanks!

It is on a BBQ Grillware from Lowe's. I have had it for about 5-6 years. Really nice smoker for the money. Not sure if they are still made though. It is of heavier metal than the ones they have now and has a brass burner. And thanks!

Looks like the shelves slide out.

Back