• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Should the "McRib" Throwdown votes be split into 2 categories?

Should the voting be split into two categories?

• Yes, separate categories for those with actual McRibs, and those with real food

Votes: 15 44.1%
  • No, there can only be ONE winner! Leave them as it is!

Votes: 19 55.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

bigabyte

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
I hope you do not mind getting polled. I sure could use a good polling right now.:heh:

The question is...

Should the voting for the "McRib" Throwdown be broken into two categories; one for those who used actual McRibs in their entry, and the other for those who did not use McRibs?

Poll will remain open for 24 hours, simple majority rules.:thumb:

Your votes on this poll are private, nobody can see what you picked (unlike a normal Throwdown vote).

So what happened to the context of the voters' deciding the winner of any TD?

I thank Chris for asking as the great guy he is, spending his time to organize these Throwdowns.

But I would ask, What would you like to do Chris, what makes your life easier, what makes the most sense to you? What did the rules say? Were non McRibs even an option in this one?

{Midnight ☼ Smoke};1464681 said:
I thank Chris for asking as the great guy he is, spending his time to organize these Throwdowns.

But I would ask, What would you like to do Chris, what makes your life easier, what makes the most sense to you? What did the rules say? Were non McRibs even an option in this one?
I first got a PM about this a few weeks ago actually, from someone who made a dish made from actual McRibs. They were obviously proud of their dish, and I think they did an amazing job with their McRibs. This person asked if it was fair to have their dish stacked up against dishes made from ingredients of better quality, i.e., not made using McRibs. I made no mention of it publicly, I simply waited to find out if any others would bring this up before giving it much thought.

Well, now others have asked me this question directly. I also indirectly read into another's post where they mentioned they were having trouble how to decide the winner which seemed related to this question.

So...since it's not just one person...I wanted to get a pulse check of what the voters would like. If they think it makes sense to separate them...I'm fine with doing that and it won't bother me one bit.

As for what I think...I think the rules clearly said you could enter a dish inspired from the McRib, or a dish made from actual McRibs. In my opinion, that's pretty cut and dry. You got to make a choice of either making your entry using an actual McRib, or creating your own dish inspired by the McRib. No matter what you chose to do, you chose to stack that entry up against the field of all other entries.

However...as I mentioned...I don't mind getting a quick check of what the voters think.

I entered with the understanding that mine would be competing with both actual McRib dishes and "Inspired By" McRib dishes knowing full well the senses of humor of a bunch of us whackos so I voted accordingly. However I can easily see the validity of both points of view.

Besides, I never did enter my McStarfish thingie anyway...it was originally intended to be carved out of Spam but da Bear beat me to that one. :)

By the authority vested in me as a 100% certifiable (trust me) moderator of this subforum, as granted upon me by the Grand Poohbah and the Green Force, I do hereby declare the following:

Article IV, Section Q, Paragraph 3
The original McRib poll posted for the Original McRib Throwdown will remain in effect and will remain the official result for the Throwdown. The winner of this poll will receive the prize and be declared the overall winner of all McRib entries, and therefore be crowned the McRib King/Queen of the Universe, until such a time that they are properly dethroned or they otherwise begin to disavow knowledge of said title.

Gamma Quadrant, Sector 4
After the overall winner is determined, two new polls will be posted; one for dishes containing actual McRib products, and another for dishes that do not have actual McRibs in them. The winner of the overall McRib vote will not be included in these polls. These will be the consolation winners, and they will receive a consolation prize.

Down the road, First right, Third door on the left
The rest of you farkers get nothing. Nada. Zilch. Zero. You don't even get a participation trophy. Now go home and have a good cry.

:becky::becky::becky::becky:

Yeah, but what about the Eggplant? Ryan's McEggplants are among my finalists and, let's face it, they haven't got a chance when compared with real meat. Only a few warped individuals would even consider voting for them. :rolleyes: Can we get a McEggplant winner too? :becky:

Can we have an Article V? Or at least can we vote for an Article V, except can we require voters to keep uninformed voters from voting. :tsk:

Perhaps only voters who have eaten and enjoyed eggplant, in at least one of it's guises should be allowed to vote on the Article V. Now, my question would be, does Article V apply only to this Throwdown, or any Throwdown where meat would enjoy an unreasonable advantage in voting?

Look guys, what we need to do is elevate the eggplant game so we reshape the minds of forum members into thinking that there is such a thing as the eggplant crutch, just as they currently think of bacon as a crutch...
Then once eggplant dominates every entry in the way that bacon does, we'll switch it up! Maybe bean sprouts will be the next eggplant, just for Bill

Back