• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Franks Red Hot Apricot Drumsticks - My Best Drumsticks Ever! pr0n!

Pappy

is One Chatty Farker
Reaction score
Granite City, Illinois (Near St. Louis "GO CARDS")
I have been grilling chicken drumsticks on Monday's for the last 4 weeks. A couple of weeks ago there were too sweet. Last week they were too hot. This week I decided to add some Apricot preserves to my regular drumstick glaze, which is splenda brown sugar, butter and Franks Red Hot sauce. This time I used more butter & brown sugar with less Franks. I was watching the BBQ show chopped when I decided to toss in the apricot preserve. Man it was good! Smelled good and tasted good with a little bit of Franks bite to it. I salt & pepper the legs and cook them indirect for about 40 minutes, turning once with a chunk of hickory for smoke flavor. Then I crisp them up over the hot coals until I get the color I want. Then back to indirect heat & brush on 3-4 layers of glaze. Put the lid on and let the glaze thicken between each layer of glaze.

IMG_4012.jpg

IMG_4009.jpg

IMG_4008.jpg

that looks sick dude! I've used peach preserves on chicken and it works well too. nice work

Looks and sounds great Pappy!

Looking good man. I like using a raspberry chipolte jelly for my glaze, I'll give apricot a go with some spiracha sauce, see how I like that.

You should seriously check out the recipe for "Spicy Apricot Chicken Wings" in the Big Bob Gibson BBQ Cookbook by Chris Lilly. I have made them many times. People love them. There's quite a few ingredients in the marinade, but I find it to be worth it.

You should seriously check out the recipe for "Spicy Apricot Chicken Wings" in the Big Bob Gibson BBQ Cookbook by Chris Lilly. I have made them many times. People love them. There's quite a few ingredients in the marinade, but I find it to be worth it.

I have that book. I never noticed it in there. I'm always stuck on using franks, butter & brown sugar. I'll have to look into that.

Back