• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Surf n Turf, Butts, Green Chile Sausage, and Snot.

BobBrisket

Reaction score
Been cooking, just don't get around to posting the pron as much as I'd like. Anyhow, my wife's B-Day was on 12/27, SO, Surf and Turf on the kettle over HOT pecan coals. I pulled out the CI grate from my Lodge to get a nice set of marks on em. Some o da shrimps got flash grilled, and a batch of scampi style for my wife. GOOD STUFF!
EsmesBDayDinner38001.jpg

EsmesBDayDinner38005.jpg

Some 'penos and curry onions for me.
EsmesBDayDinner38006.jpg

EsmesBDayDinner38009.jpg

EsmesBDayDinner38007.jpg

EsmesBDayDinner38011.jpg

And baked taters with REAL bacon bits.
snowsausage2011003.jpg

Slow thaw. Bout 40lbs of butt at .88 cents a pound if I remember correctly.
snowsausage2011004-1.jpg

Couple in the WSM over some briqs, leftover pecan lump from the surf and turf that was in the kettle and hickory chunks. I went and did one with a mustard slather for old times sake.
snowsausage2011002.jpg

After the rest. They all went into the deep freeze for some dishes I have planned for the next couple weekends.
snowsausage2011001.jpg

I forget just how much ground you can get from two whole butts.
snowsausage2011006.jpg

All in the deep freeze, Most will go to family and neighbors.
snowsausage2011001-1.jpg

And the snot we got on the 30th and 31st.

Njoy!

Bob

Those chops look stupendous!

Curry onions? Just onions with curry powder on the grill?

Pfffft! You call that a snot storm? Lightweight! :becky: :twisted: :becky: :twisted:

Oh yeah - good lookin' eats right there!

EsmesBDayDinner38011.jpg

Thanks Bob,
Now i'm off to the vending machine to see what will keep my Belly button from chewing my spine! Fantastic meal.

Wow, all kinds of killer food going on there!

That is a wonderful looking meal! Nice marks on the steak and I didn't know it snotted in El Paso!

Those chops look stupendous!

Curry onions? Just onions with curry powder on the grill?

Pretty much. Just a little EVOO beforehand to make the powder stick. I love curry.

Pfffft! You call that a snot storm? Lightweight! :becky: :twisted: :becky: :twisted:

Oh yeah - good lookin' eats right there!

That's a blizzard for us!:becky:

That is a wonderful looking meal! Nice marks on the steak and I didn't know it snotted in El Paso!

That CI grate was screaming hot. You can even see the round Lodge logo seared into the steak. Once in awhile we get some snot. It's a nice change of pace, just don't want to see it everyday.:laugh:

Thanks again.

Bob

I'll take the Surf n Turf, Butts and Green Chile Sausage; you can keep the SNOT there in Texas
for a change.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess that you DID hit that :-D. Nice work.

Back