MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 06-22-2012, 11:38 PM   #61
Disconnect
On the road to being a farker

Just because I can, I'm going to try to get a really basic hack of stoker_mon (https://www.ebower.com/docs/stoker_mon/) working tonight. I've already got some parts of it cleaned up from when I had my Rocks unit but it still needs lots of work. (The original dev peppered shell scripting with php via random execs. Even for simple things like "find a file." Its terrifying..)

Old 06-28-2012, 10:00 PM   #62
palmtreefrb
is one Smokin' Farker

Ok, here it is...
http://www.wedonet.net/
palmtreefrb is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Old 06-28-2012, 10:44 PM   #63
HKChad
Got Wood.

palmtree,

Very nice! I have it running now. I have some wild boar sitting in a brine in my cooler and the CyberQ is monitoring the water temp. I'll be smoking it tomorrow and really test this out. Good job.

Is anyone working on an Android App? I started one, pretty basic right now, just echo's out the actual temps. Stopped when I realized that I'd need to page scrape the index for the set points (i assume that's what you did for the .net version?). If no one is working on an android app I'll get back at it. Really wish CyberQ would open up the API a bit more.

Chad
HKChad is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-28-2012, 11:12 PM   #64
Dirtbuddy
is one Smokin' Farker

Right on palmtree!

Is this Mac friendly, or PC only?

Old 06-29-2012, 08:15 AM   #65
pohlmeyr
Found some matches.

Just joined this forum. Lots of great info here.
I just received my Cyber Q WiFI and will try this web app out. I actually built something similar from a data logger that i have been using but really like the wifi capabilities of this unit.
pohlmeyr is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-29-2012, 09:13 AM   #66
pohlmeyr
Found some matches.

The program works great thank you so much for building this program.
Is there a way to save the chart or export to excel?

Old 06-29-2012, 03:44 PM   #67
WooPig
Is lookin for wood to cook with.

Thanks Palm. Can't wait to use it this holiday week on some brisket. Much appreciated. Can't wait to see what ya'll do on apps as well. Hope your getting BBQ Guru's attention.
WooPig is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-29-2012, 04:02 PM   #68
palmtreefrb
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtbuddy View Post
Right on palmtree!

Is this Mac friendly, or PC only?
Sorry, Windows only

Old 06-29-2012, 04:58 PM   #69
Disconnect
On the road to being a farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by HKChad View Post
palmtree,

Is anyone working on an Android App? I started one, pretty basic right now, just echo's out the actual temps. Stopped when I realized that I'd need to page scrape the index for the set points (i assume that's what you did for the .net version?). If no one is working on an android app I'll get back at it. Really wish CyberQ would open up the API a bit more.

Chad
If you build an android app that can export charts, I'll happily pay at least $5 for it :-)

The lack of graphing etc has me wishing I'd gotten the cyberq ii instead. The wifi feels very unfinished, both firmware and physically.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Old 06-29-2012, 05:08 PM   #70
HKChad
Got Wood.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disconnect View Post
If you build an android app that can export charts, I'll happily pay at least $5 for it :-)

The lack of graphing etc has me wishing I'd gotten the cyberq ii instead. The wifi feels very unfinished, both firmware and physically.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
Palms windows app graphs the temps. I'll look into graphing need to see how much battery its going to use polling the CyberQ. I agree on the firmware, the WebGUI is very SLOW. I had Palms app hitting the page, my web browser open and it would take forever for it to return results to my phone's browser. They marked this thing to 'bbq teams' to monitor temps 3-4 people monitoring real time would probably kill it.

chad
HKChad is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-29-2012, 05:14 PM   #71
palmtreefrb
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by pohlmeyr View Post
The program works great thank you so much for building this program.
Is there a way to save the chart or export to excel?
All the chart data is saved in a database on your PC. So, I can add a feature to export the data to Excel.

For now, you can export the Chart from the Print facility...

Old 06-29-2012, 05:26 PM   #72
palmtreefrb
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by HKChad View Post
Palms windows app graphs the temps. I'll look into graphing need to see how much battery its going to use polling the CyberQ. I agree on the firmware, the WebGUI is very SLOW. I had Palms app hitting the page, my web browser open and it would take forever for it to return results to my phone's browser. They marked this thing to 'bbq teams' to monitor temps 3-4 people monitoring real time would probably kill it.

chad
Yep, agreed. Oh, you can call me Rick

Old 06-29-2012, 09:26 PM   #73
pohlmeyr
Found some matches.

The program is working well. I am using it on a Smokin-It model #3 smoker that i have converted to use a PID controller to maintain the temp. The reason i would like to export the temps to excel is so that i can better average the temps over the cook period.

With the PID controller sometimes you have to do a compensate on the average of the cook. With the Cyber Q and you program it is a really great deal.

I suggest you place a paypal donate button on your website. I would further donate to this program.

Again many thanks

Old 06-29-2012, 09:32 PM   #74
palmtreefrb
is one Smokin' Farker

Cool

Quote:
The program is working well. I am using it on a Smokin-It model #3 smoker that i have converted to use a PID controller to maintain the temp. The reason i would like to export the temps to excel is so that i can better average the temps over the cook period.

With the PID controller sometimes you have to do a compensate on the average of the cook. With the Cyber Q and you program it is a really great deal.

I suggest you place a paypal donate button on your website. I would further donate to this program.

Again many thanks
I have no life, I'm actually working on that now.

Old 06-29-2012, 09:39 PM   #75
Gnomatic
Got Wood.

Quote:

Seconded!
Gnomatic is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->