MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 08-09-2008, 01:00 AM   #1
BBQ Grail
somebody shut me the fark up.

Default Anyone got a Cobb Grill

I think I want one of these. They look pretty cool. Any feedback?

Cobb Grill

Soon to be a Texafornian.

For a limited time I will be issuing Moink Ball Certificates. I'm working on a special COVID 19 Verson.
Email me for details.
BBQ Grail is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-09-2008, 04:18 AM   #2
MayDay
Full Fledged Farker

Default Great little charcoal cooker!

I've had one going on 3 years now. Love it! A good versatile charcoal cooker in a SMALL package, the Cobb can grill, bake and smoke. More info also at Cobb America.

Super Fuel Efficient – Just 8-10 briquettes will get you about 3 hours of cooking time. I can sometimes squeeze 12 briquettes into the coal basket (for more heat or more cooking time).

Very well designed – The grill channels most of the fat into the moat so there's little chance of flareups or ash flying on your food. You can also put water, beer, juice or other flavored fluids in the moat to flavor the food and keep things moist. To smoke, put your wood chips in an aluminum pouch, punch some holes in it, and put it in the moat or on top of the coals. Easy to move, weighs only 8.5 lbs. Stay-cool mesh walls. You can even pick up the cooker (no gloves needed) and move it while cooking!

To control the temperature – Drop bolts into the holes in the lid to choke off air flow and monitor with a digitemp.

Observations – The charcoal taste is much more subtle than with my Kamado/BGE claypot. When grilling, you won't get the typical grill marks. The wok accessory needs lots of fuel and high heat for stir-fries; otherwise, the wok is good for stews. Very efficient fuel use!!!

Past Cooks I've done – Grilled chicken, steaks, salmon, veggies; leg of lamb; whole chicken, whole duck (OMG, 2 cups of fat in the moat!); kabobs; sausages; ribs, etc.

Here's a picture of my most recent Cobb cook – Roast Leg of Lamb. 3 lb thigh. 3 hours total. Pulled at 146F/71C. Medium-Rare. Mint leaves + water moat. 10 NamChar briquettes. 300F 40 min, 250F 20 min, 200F 60 min, 180F 60 min. Turned out very moist and tender.

All in all, I highly recommend the Cobb if you want a small portable AND versatile little charcoal cooker.

Last edited by MayDay; 08-09-2008 at 04:52 AM..
MayDay is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-09-2008, 07:21 AM   #3
bowhnter
Babbling Farker

Name/Nickname : Mike

Interesting. Do you have any pics in action? The Cobbamerica link will not stay loaded.

Primo Oval XL
Grilla Silverbac
Weber kettle 22” and 26”
Weber Genesis
Blackstone 22 and 36
Weber Jumbo Joe for the RV
Ooni Pro Pizza Oven

Join us for the South East Bash in Lebanon, Tn. May 4, 2024 https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...p=drivesdk)%5D
Bash planning thread here https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/s...d.php?t=305951
bowhnter is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-09-2008, 08:29 AM   #4
MayDay
Full Fledged Farker

Default Cobb links (working)

Hmmm.... Not sure what is going on with the CobbAmerica website. Ok, try these links:

Last edited by MayDay; 08-09-2008 at 09:08 AM.. Reason: FIX links...
MayDay is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-09-2008, 09:14 AM   #5
MayDay
Full Fledged Farker

Default Cobb Video demo's

Two YouTube videos:I love my Cobb!