Pizza Success!!!

morgaj1

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
After last weekend's disaster of a pizza cook, I used some of the brethren's suggestions and had a successful cook. :thumb: The problem I had last weekend was that I couldn't get the pizza off the peel and ended up dumping one of the pizzas. I ended up using parchment paper this time and it worked out great. One suggestion though: trim the parchment paper very close to the crust or the edges of the paper will burn.

I cooked 2 pizzas, both with the same toppings. Pepperoni, Sausage, Mozzarella, Pizza Sauce (Moose's recipe), and a copycat recipe I found for Mellow Mushroom Pizza Crust. They were phenomenal. I used a large chimney of Royal Oak Chef's Select and 3 small red oak splits. I then put on the Red Sky Stone and the Kettlepizza. Within a few minutes the thermometer was pegged at 700*. It took about 6-7 minutes to cook each pizza.

Pizza1.jpg

Pizza2.jpg

Pizza3.jpg

Sorry for the poor quality iPhone pics.

So glad it worked out for you this time, Eric! Looks like da bomb from here!! :thumb:

I use a wooden peel lightly dusted with cornstarch to lay the pie on the grill. You could pick up one end and blow under to see if it is sticking. I use a metal peel to remove. I also do not form the pie on the peel and work quick. The first couple we did were pizza disasters

Back