Anyone have a rub recipe for a cured ham

Pappy

is One Chatty Farker
Reaction score
Bought a 8 pound cured ham from Aldi (butt portion). I plan on smoking it again on Sunday. Does anyone have a sweet rub that they can share. I don't know if I should add a glaze to the mix or just stick with a rub. I watched a video on youtube and a guy used mustard and some rub. Then he also added BBQ sauce at the end. (BBQ sauce on ham doesn't sound real good).

The ham is already fully cooked. I just need to add some smoke & flavor.
If you have any tips, let me know.

One of the simplest ways to get bang for your buck with a ham is to just coat with mustard and then rub with brown sugar or half & half with brown sugar & your regular pork rub.

If your ham is skin on you want to put it on the smoker plain. 1/2 way through the cook take it off the smoker, peel off the skin and cross hatch the fat with a sharp knife (not too deep though). Once you've done this coat it with the mustard and brown sugar and put it back on the smoker. I like this method for quick no fuss hams cuz the ham already has a lot of flavor and with the brown sugar you won't need to glaze later cuz the sugar caramelizes on the ham. Just my 2¢.

Cheers

Back