Sunday Pr0n

Crux

Got Wood.
Reaction score
Was nice out today and time for a feast. Pick up a couple fat sirloins, portabellas, corn and potatoes. I made smash potatoes seasoned with evoo, butter, oregano, basil (both fresh from the garden) and some montreal steak seasoning, corn and shrooms straight on the grill. Shrooms were seasoned with some beer and garlic,oregano and basil.

IMG_0111.jpg

IMG_0112.jpg

IMG_0118.jpg

IMG_0120.jpg

C

As Guy would say THAT LOOKS SPOT ON............ really looks good. I never thought of doing taters that way I always either bake in foil or slice em up in foil with butter and onions and peppers.... Nice

Looks fantastic! That's my kind of meal! How was that corn? We can't get decent corn around here for several more weeks.

now that is a summer time cook. very nice! t

Looks fantastic! That's my kind of meal! How was that corn? We can't get decent corn around here for several more weeks.

The corn was ok. It has been hit or miss around here. I believe everything we get now comes from the south. Good corn is still a month away yet here too.

C

More detail on the taters, please?!?

The potatoes are my version of this recipe - crash-hot-potatoes. I simplify it a bit. I lightly coat the potatoes with evoo throw on the grill and cook. When they are done I place them on a sheet of foil and smash them about 1/2 to 2/3s of the way down with a potato masher. I take a mixture of melted butter and evoo and drizzle over the top. Season and place the foil back on the grill and continue cooking a bit longer until you reach a desired texture. If you leave them long enough they will start to get a little crispy here and there which I like.

C

Back