Contest Results Way Out West BBQ Comp

BBQ Grail

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
Just got word that Harry Soo of Slap Yo Daddy BBQ swept every meat category at the Way Out West Comp in Stockton California.

Those of you who have met Harry know what a great competitor and all around great guy he is.

Congrats Harry.

(Of course that also mean another GC for Harry)

Last edited:
Just got word that Harry Soo of Slap Yo Daddy BBQ swept every meat category at the Way Out West Comp in Stockton California.

Those of you who have met Harry know what a great competitor and all around great guy he is.

Congrats Harry.

(Of course that also mean another GC for Harry)

I heard that this is a first in KCBS history that a team has swept all 4.

I heard that this is a first in KCBS history that a team has swept all 4.

Possibly but I'd really be surprised... there have been a chitload of contests throughout KCBS history. If it is, WAY cool!

I thought someone up in MN did it at a contest 1 or 2 years ago but not certain.

Harry & Mark have it kind of dialed in right now...to say the least. It was just March of 2008 I was telling this guy to come to the Backyarder and judge! Might have to think hard about taking his class! :eusa_clap

I met them when they came to the GAB in May. Nice guys... from what the Templeton Rye allowed me to remember.

Stone Blue BBQ from Coon Rapids Minnesota did it in 2006 in East Grand Forks, MN - But either way Hell of an accomplishment! Congratulations.

I thought someone up in MN did it at a contest 1 or 2 years ago but not certain.

Stone Blue BBQ from Coon Rapids Minnesota did it in 2006 in East Grand Forks, MN - But either way Hell of an accomplishment! Congratulations.

Alright...No Alshimers yet!

Question is, was that a KCBS contest? Not on KCBS web site under any thing in Grand Rapids?

Pullin for you Harry & Mark!

Last edited:
Alright...No Alshimers yet!

Question is, was that a KCBS contest? Not on KCBS web site under any thing in Grand Rapids?

Pullin for you Harry & Mark!

Yes the East Grand Forks was a KCBS (One of the Cabella's contests). It was only 8 teams though. Doing it with 24 teams is Damn impressive I may have been wrong on the year 2005 maybe?

Back