MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 04-01-2013, 03:16 AM   #1
smokemaster1
Full Fledged Farker

Default UDS Easter High Heat Brisket

I've been wanting to do HH brisket cook using the Tri-Level recipe from Pitmaster T.
Choice brisket, trimmed, seasoned with Butt Glitter and Lawry Seasoned salt. In the fridge overnight and the next day seasoned with Lemon pepper and Dalmatian rub. 4 chunks of hickory. UDS temp 300-360. No foiling or paper until done. Cooked until probed like butter around 203 internal. Wrapped in parchment for 2hrs. Slice and served.
Great recipe. The bark was too salty. I guess I used too much Dalmatian. Eventhough, everyone loved it. Great recipe!

Last edited by smokemaster1; 07-02-2020 at 11:13 AM..
smokemaster1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->

Old 04-01-2013, 05:56 AM   #2
Pappy
is Blowin Smoke!

I have been too chicken to try H&F. How many pounds was it and how long did it take. I'm afraid I would start in the morning and it wouldn't be done in time for supper.

Old 04-01-2013, 06:00 AM   #3
HeSmellsLikeSmoke
somebody shut me the fark up.

If it was anywhere near as tender and juicy as that looks, you nailed it.

Large and Medium Big Green Eggs , Black 18.5" WSM, Blue Weber Performer - Stainless, Green Weber OTG Kettle , Brinkmann SnP Pro, and a Stainless UDS. One retired Portable Kitchen grill.

Red Thermapen, Maverick ET-732, EdgePro Apex Sharpener.

Avatar is the original 1951 Weber Kettle
HeSmellsLikeSmoke is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-01-2013, 06:39 AM   #4
Johnny_Crunch
Babbling Farker

Looks good from here!

Old 04-01-2013, 06:55 AM   #5
VA-Dave
Full Fledged Farker

Looks great, how was it?

Dave

Old 04-01-2013, 07:06 AM   #6
SmokinSlowPoke
Knows what a fatty is.

Thanks for sharing, if the bark was salty it may be due to the Lawrys. I noticed that you dont need to be libereal with it as it contains a ton of salt. Also, if any of your other rubs have salt in them, mixing with Lawrys is asking for trouble. That being said, i'll have a few slices of the leftovers!

Old 04-01-2013, 07:14 AM   #7
jmoney7269
Banned

Too salty? Lol, you coated it with 3 rubs which all contain salt. I have tried the tri level dirt dalmatian also and thought it was too salt for My tastes and test rats i invited over. remember when donnie cooks his on his big pit, the briskets get flopped around, dripped on each other etc so alot of the seasoning comes off. On the UDS it just sits there and never looses seasoning so ya gotta go alot lighter. Next time try it just like this and I guarantee you will be happy. Less is more on brisket. Good lookin briskie!
jmoney7269 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-01-2013, 07:54 AM   #8
Phubar
somebody shut me the fark up.

Looks all good to me Bruder!

All fueled by [COLOR=lime]Ecobrasa[/COLOR] Coco Briquettes

*[URL="http://lowlandsmokers.blogspot.com/2011/06/lowland-smokers-workshop-hei-en-boeicop.html"]Lowland Smokers[/URL] Dutch BBQ Champion 2011 - 2012*
*[URL="http://lowlandsmokers.blogspot.com/2011/06/lowland-smokers-workshop-hei-en-boeicop.html"]Lowland Smokers[/URL] Dutch BBQ Champion 2013 Low 'n Slow
*WGA Ambassador
Phubar is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-01-2013, 11:18 AM   #9
smokemaster1
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy View Post
I have been too chicken to try H&F. How many pounds was it and how long did it take. I'm afraid I would start in the morning and it wouldn't be done in time for supper.
It was 9 lbs and took almost 6 hrs in the UDS, then 2 hrs resting. That's plenty of time for dinner. Started mine at 9 in the morning.
High Heat/Hot & Fast is the only way to go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VA-Dave View Post
Looks great, how was it?

Dave
It was great! Very tender. Next time I'll cut WAY back on the salt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmoney7269 View Post
Too salty? Lol, you coated it with 3 rubs which all contain salt. I have tried the tri level dirt dalmatian also and thought it was too salt for My tastes and test rats i invited over. remember when donnie cooks his on his big pit, the briskets get flopped around, dripped on each other etc so alot of the seasoning comes off. On the UDS it just sits there and never looses seasoning so ya gotta go alot lighter. Next time try it just like this and I guarantee you will be happy. Less is more on brisket. Good lookin briskie!
That is so true! I scratched off most of the bark. It was a great piece of meat!!