Why do we....

a few questions:

1. should i cook my brisket at 275 or 280?

2. when doing chicken on my UDS i think i have the perfect cooking temp but i cant decide which way to have my smoker facing. should i have it face true north or magnetic north?

:wink:

I cook mine at 263*. No more, no less. And smoker orientation depends on your latitude/longitude, and thereby, your angle of declination from true north. I prefer mine facing east, actually. :biggrin1:

I agree with IamAMadMan, it is because we can. We don't have to worry about getting along, we all have food, housing, clothes etc...most of you even get laid from time to time, so we fuss about how we cook our BBQ. It is all in fun.

If it ends up being good food, I am all in. If you cook all wood, no foil in an offset cooker low and slow and it tastes like carbon and meat dust, well, it didn't matter what you did, it didn't taste good.

For the same reason there's two main camps of sauces in the Carolina's and the ones who make the OTHER sauce are loco. ;)

If it ends up being good food, I am all in. If you cook all wood, no foil in an offset cooker low and slow and it tastes like carbon and meat dust, well, it didn't matter what you did, it didn't taste good.

I had a good laugh on this one, that is truly funny... Thanks for the laugh "Landarc"

Like all these people on this forum "Oh you gotta cook the meat and potatoes, and no the gravy isn't just the bone marrow." I'm a PURIST BABY! All this wood and fire and washing vegetables... PFT!

I agree with IamAMadMan, it is because we can. We don't have to worry about getting along, we all have food, housing, clothes etc...most of you even get laid from time to time, so we fuss about how we cook our BBQ. It is all in fun.

Before I found this site, I thought carbon and meat dust were just two of the major food groups.

Thank you all.

My wife says I'm always complaining just to be controversial. I tell here I'm just making conversation, it's just too boring to be agreeable all the time.

So there you have it...we're just making conversation.

I think people belittle other methods in hopes of compensating for having tiny junk.

That's why I do it anyway. :oops:

Jeez Greg, 50" & Chubby are in your signature. I generally try not to speak kindly or otherwise about other guys' junk, but I'd say you're doing at least "okay"! :shock:

Oh Q Junkie! You didn't reply! I needed one more!

This is my 500th post! Que the band and pop the champagne!

Can't play anymore...got to watch BAMA kick some Irish a$$.

I'm not big on rules. Especially when it comes to something subjective, like good food.

I get a lot of inspiration from this forum, but I do not subscribe to BBQ ideologies -- well, other than IMBAS rules for MOINK balls. :becky:

It's like wine, or beer or anything else you eat and drink. Bottom line, you gotta' like the way it tastes, or it ain't good.

CD

Back