How do you reheat brisket?

Pyle's BBQ

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
I am helping friends with brisket this weekend. I have not done brisket and reheated it.
Background on the event. Des Moines Arts Festival. Three days, Fri-Sun. Expected to draw around 200,000 people.

I am going to slice after cooling and they will reheat on site with roasters.
Is this a good idea? Or should we reheat whole and slice on site?
Any help would greatly be appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

When I have done it, I try to make sure there is beef broth in the the pan to keep it moist. I have done it with slices and usually try to get them wet in the broth before plating. I like to put the broth in a foil pan and put it on the smoker for an hour or so to give it some smoke flavor.

If you have the possibility out there, I'd cool and slice at home and then vacusave it. Then just dump the bags in boiling water for 20 min, slice open and viola - perfect.

If that won't work, I would consider slicing it cold out there and putting the slice into some juice and heating them up covered tightly.

There is one other way I really like to heat up brisket, but it's a bit time consuming, but might work out there. Big ol griddle, nice and hot, slap on butter and drop on a cold slice, heat about a minute and flip. One more minute... oh man, getting hungry just thinking about it. Time consuming per slice though, but daaaaaamn.

Back