What are you cutting into Blueshog for you comp ribs

McEvoy AZ

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Lots of people using Blueshog for their comp ribs. Just interested in what you might be cutting into it for your ribs to help your ribs stand out. I have been using strawberry preserves, but I think I might be changing it up.

I use Blues Hog Tennessee Red if I want to cut the original, but that's not how I finish my comp ribs personally.

Rooftop bbq sauce

Are you serious? Not to give away all my best secrets, but I used some of your sauce this weekend and walked in chicken with some judges giving me perfect taste scores. Now I used it in conjunction with a certain rub and brine and cut it with some other top secret ingredient. I do like the sauce, it will be used at all of my 2013 comps, thanks to the guys at BBQ Island for interducing it to me so I could understand the flavor profile.

Are you serious? Not to give away all my best secrets, but I used some of your sauce this weekend and walked in chicken with some judges giving me perfect taste scores. Now I used it in conjunction with a certain rub and brine and cut it with some other top secret ingredient. I do like the sauce, it will be used at all of my 2013 comps, thanks to the guys at BBQ Island for interducing it to me so I could understand the flavor profile.
Whats your team name?

Back