It's a Win/Win Situation, w/pron!

Desert Dweller

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Mesa, AZ Not exactly hell, but the zip code is ve
Normally, when a conversation with the wife starts off with, "Honey, I know it's a lot to ask, but...";:roll: Well, you know how that goes. This time I scored!:biggrin:

There is an annual camping trip for the women of a group my wife belongs to. That campout is this coming weekend. Leaving Friday AM, returning Sunday PM. She wants to treat the 12-15 ladies to some Pulled Pork. "Honey, would you please fix it for us?" Damn right!

Let's see. I get to cook. I get to eat BBQ, and the wife leaves the boys and I for the weekend in peace and bachelor like quiet. Is there a downside to this I am missing? Anyway, I got home from work about midnight last night, fired up the WSM, put the two butts on with some hickory, pecan, and oak. Then I called it a night.
I got up about 0530 and turned the butts to fat side down and went back to bed.

I got up about 0745 and the butts were at about 180. By 1015 they were at 197. I took them off and covered with foil to rest. 30 minutes later they were at 204 and I was pulling pork! Here I sit at 1140 posting pron. She gets one butt and we get the other. A pretty good night's work while I slept I think!

Attachments

• win win 001.jpg
    win win 001.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 355
  • win win 003.jpg
    win win 003.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 355
  • win win 005.jpg
    win win 005.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 355
  • win win 008.jpg
    win win 008.jpg
    104.6 KB · Views: 355
  • win win 007.jpg
    win win 007.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 354
Looks great! Always nice to sleep while the meat's smoking.

Doesn't get any better than that! The only thing I could think of to top that would be if she asked you to judge a bikini contest while she was gone. Que looks perfect!

Sounds like a hell of a deal and it looks great! BTW, is that a lime green Weber Platinum or is it a Performer?

Looks amazing. I need a cover for my keyboard to keep the drool off of it.

Like Saiko said....Doesn't get any better than that.....How did you control yourself from dancing around like a fool?......enjoy the upcoming weekend.....The pork looks amazing.

Pork butts look great.
Do you like the bear paws for shredding? I have always wondered if they work well.
Enjoy the time with the guys.
jon

Hmmm . . . let me see . . . NO! No down side.

Looks awesome. Bet it tastes awesome too.

Have fun with the boys.

Doesn't get any better than that! The only thing I could think of to top that would be if she asked you to judge a bikini contest while she was gone. Que looks perfect!

I'll have to mention that to her... LOL

Sounds like a hell of a deal and it looks great! BTW, is that a lime green Weber Platinum or is it a Performer?

Platinum, used to belong to Raja Bell, former Phoenix Sun NBA player...

Pork butts look great.
Do you like the bear paws for shredding? I have always wondered if they work well.
Enjoy the time with the guys.
jon

Easiest way to Pull Pork I know, a gift from me big brudder...

Nice cook.

Peace and quiet to boot. What's that?

I will let you know after the weekend...

Back