Meadow Creek Smokers

Countryhb

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Saw a Meadow Creek smoker that caught my eye. Anyone have any feedback on them?

Did I hear my name? :tongue:

Which model are you looking at Country? I have the TS250 which is the one that is very similar to the Lang 84DLX and I also have a chargriller on the front of the trailer.

She's a great pit with plenty of capacity and cooks very even side to side. And she's not a fuel hog...Once she's up to temp, she's very efficient. The stainless cooking grates and shelves are a nice touch.

Feel free to pm me with any questions you might have. Here's Large Marge....

DSC04861.jpg

One more....

Loaded up....about 200# of pork....

Attachments

• DSC05633.jpg
    DSC05633.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 526
Funny you started this thread Country, these were the ones I was telling you about last night but couldn't remember the name of. I just emailed Wendell today and found out he is a dealer for Meadow Creek as well as Horizon, Ole Hickory and of course Backwoods. Last time i was there I was like a kid in a candy store, he had nice selection. I may take a trip out to see his inventory later this month if you are up for a "Road Trip".

Not trying to run anyone down, but that one appears to have much better fit and finish than the Langs that I have seen... My opinion only...

James.

I have had the privilege of cooking on BYC's MC and that is one sweeeeeet cooker. I have to find out where he keep's that thing cause by early next year he wont have the time to notice it gone:biggrin:

Country,

I have the CD-108 from Meadow Creek. It is a combo pigroaster/smoker with their chicken cooker on the back. I bought it earlier this year and I love it. Cooked for a street fair in NJ. Cooked 80 lbs of prok butts, 30 racks of ribs and 75 chicken quarters. Here is a pic of the butts.

P1010058.jpg

Here is a pic of the smoker itself

P1010014.jpg

PM me for any additional info

Backyard,

I wanted to buy the one similar to what you have, just could not get the wife to justify the price. I may add one in the future though.

They are sweet pits.

Backyard,

I wanted to buy the one similar to what you have, just could not get the wife to justify the price. They are sweet pits.

For those that might know and/or have cooked on both of them ... how does the price compare to the Lang 84 DLX mentioned above? And do they cook about the same - or would you say there is a noticeable advantage to one over the other?

Great looking cooker Matt, did it ship with the stainless table on front or was that a mod?

Chris, that was a custom option, but the stainless cook grates are standard. I love the solid shelf, but it does get hot right near where it meets the cooker body.

Biff-- there's a price difference, with the M.C. being a bit more expensive, but there are many standard options that are 'refinements' of the design, such as the standard stainless grates that account for some of the difference. There are other advantages I've found and I think the M.C. cooks better than the Langs that I've cooked on, but in no way does that mean the Langs are sub-par. They are quite respectable....But I would take the M.C. over them any day.

For me, the big reason I didn't buy a lang was that I could pick up the M.C. and be at home seasoning her the same day without paying for shipping.....it made a big difference for me........

Last edited:
Again... Matt, that is one beautiful smoker! I wanted to ask how heavy the tongue is on your rig. Can you pick it up, or do you have to use the jack?

Thanks, Noah!

I can move her around really easily, actually, which is nice. Sledneck practically picked the whole dang smoker up at the Clinton gig....

Country you gonna buy one now that you are a big competitor?

Has anyone made any personal mods to the TS250 to make them more efficient. The doors on mine are a little leaky and I am thinking about trying to find a way to seal them better. It seems to take a while to get up to temp and once it is there you have to plan a bit in advance to keep it from dropping(fire management after all).
I'd love to hear any feedback or suggestions anyone has had over the years cooking on them.

Back