Cajun Bandit Door

smles

Reaction score
So I have a wonderful wife who upgraded my WSM to a 22 today. Great woman. Really noticed how the door doesn't really fit right so I see why they have the replacement door available. My question is how quick is the turn around? I have a cook planned for Friday night. Should I just try to bend it to fit or order the door?

Just work it over your knee till it fits better. Then order the door.

Bend it, and there is a good chance you'll need to do the same with the CB door.

+1 to Bend it to fit.
The Cajun Bandit door is great but be mindful of handling the weight of that door solely by the original Weber handle. I broke one (which you have to buy a whole new weber door to get another handle) in short order trying to hold the door by the handle while i accessed the lower grate.

I had a similar problem with my WSM door and all you have to do is call Weber and tell them about it not fitting properly. They will send you a new one free of charge.

However, I highly recommend the Cajun Bandit door.

I bought the Cajun bandit door for my 18 and 22. The 18 needed a little massaging top and bottom. Make sure you flip your mid section and check for fit at the base. I was happy with the seal using the door only. The 22 was an entirely different story. No matter how much massaging I did it was still not as close to air tight as I would have liked. In the end. I sealed it with the self adhesive nomex gasket both around the sides and top, only to find I also needed it at the bottom. Sealed solid now - the difference in temp control is night and day!

Back