MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 12-27-2012, 07:56 PM   #16
Jason TQ
somebody shut me the fark up.

So here are the results. I was extremely pleased. Great tenderness and flavor on the pork. Love the way the backwoods cook so far. Looking forward to my next cook. Probably ribs this weekend.

Charcoal is still going strong. Almost 9pm and that is 12hrs of burn and it is actually at 291 so running hot. I'm being lazy and not taking a picture .

One of the 2 butts done.

A little presentation for fun. And no parsley .

Money muscle "sliders" with slaw and sriracha.

And played around with some xmas gifts. Got bear paws and meat rakes. Not sure which I like more yet.

Thanks from: --->

Old 12-27-2012, 08:39 PM   #17
swamprb

The firebox door will be a little tight until the gasket gets seated, slamming the door and wiggling the handle to to check for a positive latch is crucial. There should be no play in the door handles when closed properly.

Just another one of those learning curves we deal with on the BWS.
KCBS CBJ/PNWBA CBJ www.pnwba.com
swamprb is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-27-2012, 09:06 PM   #18
MattG
is One Chatty Farker

Looks really good Jason. Do you have any Pros/Cons on the cooker yet. I would like to get a Party to add on the trailer.

Check us out on Facebook
[url]http://www.facebook.com/pages/Pots-BBQ/107610505962113[/url]
MattG is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-28-2012, 12:10 AM   #19
Militant83
is one Smokin' Farker

Nice looking butts and cooker

Old 12-28-2012, 07:51 AM   #20
Jason TQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by swamprb View Post
The firebox door will be a little tight until the gasket gets seated, slamming the door and wiggling the handle to to check for a positive latch is crucial. There should be no play in the door handles when closed properly.

Just another one of those learning curves we deal with on the BWS.
Thanks for the info. I remember reading that in the paperwork that came with the cooker, but the only problem with slamming it shut is you actually have to attempt to slam it shut in order for it to stick as opposed to leaving it open . For some reason there isn't a self slamming mechanism on the cooker .