THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jowest

Hello all
My name is Josh. I am from Oregon City, Oregon. I am 35 years old and have been learning to BBQ for about 10 years. I am by no means an expert. I have more to learn and I know it. I am very excited to join this forum and I will study it religiously.
My specialty is pulled pork.
Upcoming pit experiments include a "smokehouse" chili which will include a happy mix of sweet and spicy and will have smoked brisket and pulled pork in it.
Today is Superbowl Sunday and I will be smoking wings for the first time. I will update this thread with pics every step of the way.
Here is what I have done so far:
Da Rub:
Kosher salt, Cayenne pepper, Paprika, red pepper flakes, mustard powder, garlic powder
I plan on adding sweet element in the sauce.
There is 5 pounds of drummetts sitting in the rub overnight.........the plan is to smoke heavy for one hour on low heat. I am hoping to render most of the fat away. At that point I will put them in the oven at 450 to crisp up. If most of the fat rendered away, I should not get too much oven smoke. I will post pics shortly........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back