MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 02-26-2009, 06:08 PM   #121
Meat Burner
Quintessential Chatty Farker

This thread is making me sweat from the forehead. That's an ugly thought! Back to my room now.

NB Bandera with mods
Weber 22 .5" x 2, 26.75" x 1
UDS x 3
KCBS CBJ
Created "The Great Spam Revelation of 2011."
www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=111155
Meat Burner is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-26-2009, 08:33 PM   #122
barbefunkoramaque
Babbling Farker

Dear Barbarian

I am sorry. You have a valid point about me using the word brains... didn't mean to insult. That's why I use the word Funky... people generally are okay with not being funky. Some people try to be funky. Oh hell... I am sorry. That's all. Your okay. From the look of your avatar I take it you don't need any help with brisket. Looks good man.

I am ashamed in that the Funk was soposed to be a power of inclusiveness to anyone who was willing to get down and I have used it as a power to exclude.. which is not funky.

Old 02-26-2009, 09:21 PM   #123
Bentley
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbefunkoramaque View Post
From the look of your avatar I take it you don't need any help with brisket.
Doh! Thought it was a butt!
Certified Master Judge #5382

What is best in life? "To crush your BBQ opponents, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women."
Bentley is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-26-2009, 09:31 PM   #124
barbefunkoramaque
Babbling Farker

Doh!

Old 02-26-2009, 09:47 PM   #125
leanza
Babbling Farker

Yeeehaaaa! I love all you guys! .... Pass me another beer please.

Old 02-26-2009, 09:55 PM   #126
MilitantSquatter

Time Out : Guys... This is a great thread (in a very unique, funky kinda way)... let's not kill it's value with negativity

If it's not your thing, move on to other threads... otherwise we might need to call Popdaddy on the bagphone.

OK... Funk.. please continue.
XL BGE (#2) & Performer Platinum

Former owner: Jambo Backyard, Klose BYC, Lonestar Vertical offset w/ Insulated Firebox, Medium Spicewine, Pitts & Spitts, XL BGE (#1) & (2) Medium BGE's, 22" WSM & (2) 18" WSM's, 18" & 22" Weber Kettles
MilitantSquatter is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-26-2009, 10:16 PM   #127
BBQchef33
Grand Poobah and Site Admin

Name/Nickname : Phil

YEAH.. What vinny said. !!! This thread made me go out today and get a brisket to try with just S&P.. and maybe the butt glitter. Also, while cooking today for the family, I also found myself thing about some points made and considering changes in some of my techniques based on layering, which I used to do, and then stopped.

it is an excellent thread that reminded me to NOT get stuck in myt ways.. Since i started competing 5 years ago, i have been so stuck on perfecting the one way I do things that i have forgotten to think outside of the box. Thats how I see this thread. As a reminder that there is NO ONE WAY...

anyway.. lets just take a breath.. appreciate things for what they are, while understanding/accepting/ignoring the 'uniquenesss'(a.k.a funk) thats is running around in this thread..

Can someone point me to the ingriedent tranlslator that was posted a while back regarding James Brown and Charlie Brown, sleeping with James Dean or Paula Dean. I gotta make some butt glitter.

did I really just say all that? WTF?

CBJ with a Fuzzy Blue Hat, 18 Foot Competition Trailer, Customized Klose BYC, Custom Built Shirley built to feed our Veterans(A.K.A "Abrams"), 1 Double Barreled Lang 84, 1 Heavily Modified Bionic Bandera, 1 Custom Super Medium Stickburning Spicewine w/stoker, 2 XL BGE, 1 Mini BGE, 2 Pit Barrel Cookers, 3 WSMs, 3 Weber Kettles, an NB Hondo, A Modified Brinkman Horizontal, DCS 48" Grill, a Broilmaster P3, a Blackstone 36 and 17, a covered, pellet pooping FEC100, and our duck died. :(

News Flash:
"A mans worth is judged by the weight of his integrity "

You know your getting older when you choose your cereal for the fiber, not the toy

Smoke on KC.
WWW.BBQ-BRETHREN.COM
BBQchef33 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-26-2009, 11:07 PM   #128
Fastball
Full Fledged Farker

Hmmm....very interesting thread here. great read.

Although I'm a big George Clinton fan (but I wish he hadn't gone on that "gone country" show), I don't consider myself funky. I'm more of a headbanger type. But I will say that most of the briskets I do for me and my family are nothing but S&P briskets, and I never wrap (I don't believe in wrapping big cuts unless I'm holding....but then it's off the heat). Most of the briskets I do for others, I use Montreal steak seasoning. And I never inject. I want to taste the beef.

Sometimes people try to get to fancy. It's just a big hunk of meat ya know.
Homemade Cabinet Smoker..AKA "The Contraption"...AKA "Mr. Potatohead"
J&R Mfg Combo Broiler w/ Rotisserie
Weber 22.5 kettle
Char-Broil Gasser
Old Beat-up Off-brand Kettle Grill
Fastball is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-27-2009, 07:50 AM   #129
Crüe-B-Cüe
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBQchef33 View Post

Can someone point me to the ingriedent tranlslator that was posted a while back regarding James Brown and Charlie Brown, sleeping with James Dean or Paula Dean. I gotta make some butt glitter.

The easiest place to find it is to just click on Donnie's user name and view public profile. It's all right there. It's also back close to the beginning of this thread.

Old 02-27-2009, 09:49 AM   #130
barbefunkoramaque
Babbling Farker

A moment about rubs that you work hard on and stuff. The point of the thri-layer rub was that I loved my rub (butt glitter). The story behind that was I kept dialing down the slat for two reasons. First because I was naturally reducing the salt ratio by adding other things, Paprika, Celery Seed, Cumin and Chili Powder, Oinion Powder and stuff.... the SECOND was I wanted to start CROSS-UTILIZING the rub on other stuff... so naturally the salt gets dialed down. I was doing it becuase I had catering jobs and needed ONE rub for everything from the spice in my pickled Onions, which went in my potato salad and collard and a table rub (which needed less salt) and on Ribs and shoulder and my armadillo eggs and fatties. Each one of those needs different levels of salt and sugar.

So in regards to your rub that YOU worked your ass off to get... if your trying to get that FLAVOR of your rub into your meat... the secret is salt. salt is the transporter. I thitnk injections are cool, and arguably you may not be able to get the same level of flavor INTO the meat with rub alone (but thats what our fore-fathers tried to do from Kreuz Market to Walter Jetton (simmered the flavor in before pitting the meat). BUT... we all know that rub, pepper, whatever your signature is, smoke, dried meat blood and juices, fat, fat smoke all being pulled into the center of the meat is a different FLAVOR althogether than what you mix in a bowl and inject from the center outward and around.

Hmmm.... Illegal as hell... but that makes me think.... what would your----

SOUR DOUGH (That's Dough) BRISKET INJECTION CONTENT DELETED VIA BAG PHONE BY POPDADDY DUE TO IT BEING TOO FUNKY....

THIS MAY BE RELEASED AT ANOTHER TIME IN OUR NEXT SEGMENT...

Pitmaster "T" dry plateau Injection

Last edited by barbefunkoramaque; 02-27-2009 at 02:06 PM.. Reason: Popdaddy Found Out and nixed the sentence
barbefunkoramaque is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-27-2009, 07:06 PM   #131
Barbarian
is One Chatty Farker

Donnie, thanks for the reply. I just had trouble thinking that you were trying to exclude people that like/love Q. It seemed odd. By the way Bentley is right my avatar is a butt and I could always use help on brisket, lol.

So I am sorry we got off on the wrong foot and I say let's just drink a virtual beer and start all over.

I really do want to try the Hit Me Fred sauce and gotta figure out what a coffee cup measure is. I am sorry you cannot do a little conversion with tablespoons due to your losing your CCM.

Actually I think I will just drink a bit of Makers Mark with two cubes instead of the beer.

Drumhead - UDS x 2 & UDG
Thermopen
Keep on Smokin'
KC native missin' KC
IMBAS Certified MOINK Baller 2009
I also support PETA - People Eating Tasty Animals
Barbarian is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-27-2009, 07:52 PM   #132
bigabyte
somebody shut me the fark up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbefunkoramaque View Post
SOUR DOUGH (That's Dough) BRISKET INJECTION CONTENT DELETED VIA BAG PHONE BY POPDADDY DUE TO IT BEING TOO FUNKY....
Too late. I heard you laying that one down brother! I had that funk running through my head before, but it took you to arrange it properly. I'll keep it quiet though.

Funk on. I don't speak funk, or jive, but I did see Airplane. I can speak that kinda jive.
Certified MOINK Baller & IMBAS Certified MOINK Ball Judge #0003 - Are you MOINK Certified?
Sole recipient of the Silverfinger and fingerlickin Awards!

Don't forget about the Throwdown Thingies!
The Secret Squirrel Society doesn't exist - Zero Club

Duh.
bigabyte is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-27-2009, 09:15 PM   #133
JD McGee
somebody shut me the fark up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilitantSquatter View Post
Time Out : Guys... This is a great thread (in a very unique, funky kinda way)... let's not kill it's value with negativity

If it's not your thing, move on to other threads... otherwise we might need to call Popdaddy on the bagphone.

OK... Funk.. please continue.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBQchef33 View Post
YEAH.. What vinny said. !!! This thread made me go out today and get a brisket to try with just S&P.. and maybe the butt glitter. Also, while cooking today for the family, I also found myself thing about some points made and considering changes in some of my techniques based on layering, which I used to do, and then stopped.

it is an excellent thread that reminded me to NOT get stuck in myt ways.. Since i started competing 5 years ago, i have been so stuck on perfecting the one way I do things that i have forgotten to think outside of the box. Thats how I see this thread. As a reminder that there is NO ONE WAY...

anyway.. lets just take a breath.. appreciate things for what they are, while understanding/accepting/ignoring the 'uniquenesss'(a.k.a funk) thats is running around in this thread..

did I really just say all that? WTF?
Ditto...
JD McGee is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-27-2009, 10:05 PM   #134
barbefunkoramaque
Babbling Farker

Oh MY CCM was 2 T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbarian View Post
Donnie, thanks for the reply. I just had trouble thinking that you were trying to exclude people that like/love Q. It seemed odd. By the way Bentley is right my avatar is a butt and I could always use help on brisket, lol.

So I am sorry we got off on the wrong foot and I say let's just drink a virtual beer and start all over.

I really do want to try the Hit Me Fred sauce and gotta figure out what a coffee cup measure is. I am sorry you cannot do a little conversion with tablespoons due to your losing your CCM.

Actually I think I will just drink a bit of Makers Mark with two cubes instead of the beer.

Old 02-27-2009, 10:08 PM   #135
Rick's Tropical Delight
** Permanent Timeout **

you guys are makin me feel fuzzy inside
Rick's Tropical Delight is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rub salt popdaddy