MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 06-17-2013, 08:28 PM   #1
Fake Farmer
On the road to being a farker

Default TBones and Onions 2-ways Pr0n

For Father's Day my wife let me cook whatever I wanted for dinner!

I pulled 2 T Bones the night before, and grabbed 2 big onions from downstairs.

One onion I just did foiled and cooked-to-liquid. Hollowed out for butter, Worshteshire, s&p, and Vegetable Supreme. The other is cut into pedals to be fried. Used Cowgirl's recipe and process http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/sh...t=onion+pedals Thanks!

Steaks with S&P, ready for fire!

Smoked onion pedals. Sprinkled with flour. Dipped in batter and fried.

Wife made an awesome salad. Romaine lettuce, red onion, feta cheese, cranberries, and walnuts.

And the final product, steaks done at 600 degrees. 1.5 minute, rotate. 1.5 min, flip. Same on the opposite side and rest for 10 minutes.

Happy Father's Day. Thanks for looking.
Fake Farmer is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->

Old 06-17-2013, 08:38 PM   #2
code3rrt
Babbling Farker

Spectacular..........really spectacular!

KC

Old 06-17-2013, 08:42 PM   #3
martyleach
Quintessential Chatty Farker

That is my kinda meal!! Very nice. I might of added sautéed mushrooms for my all time favorite :)

Custom wooden handles for BBQ's made by Marty Leach (oh, that's me)
[url]http://www.amlwoodart.com[/url]
martyleach is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Old 06-18-2013, 06:58 AM   #4
BobM
Babbling Farker

Very nice, it looks great!
| [COLOR=RoyalBlue][COLOR=Red]Weber[/COLOR] 18 1/2" & 22 1/2" WSM[/COLOR], [COLOR=SeaGreen]22 1/2" & 26 3/4" OTG[/COLOR][COLOR=DimGray][COLOR=Black],[/COLOR] [COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]Genesis S-330[/COLOR][/COLOR] |[COLOR=DarkRed]
[COLOR=Black]|[/COLOR] BBQ Guru CyberQ WiFi [/COLOR]| [COLOR=DarkOrange]Maverick ET-732[/COLOR] | [COLOR=Gray]Gray Thermapen[/COLOR] |
BobM is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-18-2013, 07:34 AM   #5
Thermal Mass
is one Smokin' Farker

YummmmmmmO, the onions both ways-FUN!
I am with Marty on the shrooms.
Great Post!

Oh and, Welcome!
[URL]http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=153650[/URL]

"[COLOR=Navy]When it comes right down to it, you just want to be surrounded by good people and good food."[/COLOR]-Chuck Hughes
Thermal Mass is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-18-2013, 01:36 PM   #6
Fake Farmer
On the road to being a farker

Thanks Marty. I love sauteed mushrooms, but to be honest, wouldn't know where to start on making them to the caliber of the steak. (it was awesome!)
Any suggestions?
Fake Farmer is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-18-2013, 01:54 PM   #7
93vpmod
is Blowin Smoke!

The t- bone looks perfect...
93vpmod is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-30-2013, 04:08 PM   #8
Tonybel
Babbling Farker

Im a little late but happy fathers day my friend.
Great looking steaks and Mrs. Farmer made a great salad!!!