MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 04-11-2013, 08:09 AM   #31
ButtBurner
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by aawa View Post
If you read the thread the OP mistakenly said it was DoItBest that was not carrying WG anymore. I have noticed that Ace doesn't have it listed on their website anymore, but last weekend I picked up 2 bags and asked if they planned on still carrying it as there was a rumor that they wouldnt. He checked the warehouse levels and they have plenty to sell still.
well its not on their website anymore. it used to be

thanks all I know

and the guy that made the mistake was not the original poster either
ButtBurner is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-11-2013, 09:20 AM   #32
gtr
somebody shut me the fark up.

I've searched for WG on the Ace site and wasn't able to find it, then went back another day and searched again and was able to find and order it. Not sure what's up with that, but it does seem to come and go there.
50" Klose BYC, Spitjack XB85, 22.5 WSM, Backwoods Chubby, UDS, WRK, 26" & 22.5" Weber Kettles, Jumbo Joe, WGA, WSJ/MUDS, Kanka Grill, a piece of expanded metal I throw over the fire pit sometimes, Stealthy Black & Vol Orange Thermapens
Displaced East Tennesseean
Proud recipient of a Tick
Former outlaw MOINK baller, now IMBAS Certified, but still lookin' over my shoulder.
"Relax, it's only BBQ." - Bigmista, 2013
"Don't worry about playing a lot of notes. Just find one pretty one." - Miles Davis
WTFWGALD?
gtr is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-11-2013, 12:17 PM   #33
firefighter4634
is one Smokin' Farker

Looks like a good price, a bought one bag at a comp last year to try it. It came out to be about 1.00/per pound. I like it but for the price I can buy RO from Menards buy the pallet and get it for around .47/per pound.

Old 04-11-2013, 02:04 PM   #34
aawa
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by firefighter4634 View Post
Looks like a good price, a bought one bag at a comp last year to try it. It came out to be about 1.00/per pound. I like it but for the price I can buy RO from Menards buy the pallet and get it for around .47/per pound.
You are correct that Wicked Good is more per pound. However you end up paying about the same amount per cook time when comparing it to Royal Oak. 1.5 chimneys worth of Wicked Good has given me the same amount of cook time as 3-4 chimney's worth of Royal Oak. I have used the same 3/4 chimney this week for a 2 fattie cook, cooking ribeyes reverse sear style, and cooking burgers. There is still big chunks of coals still left that I could probably get another cook or two of burgers/brats. 3/4 chimney of Royal Oak would of been spent after a 2 fattie cook and the reverse sear of some ribeyes.

In my Mini WSM with a full load of Royal Oak @ 235 I get anywhere between 6-8hrs of cook time before having to add more coals to maintain temperatures. Wicked Good Weekend Warrior gives me 9+ hours on the same load.

Yes you pay more upfront for Wicked Good Weekend Warrior, but in the back end the cost of Wicked Good vs Royal Oak is going to be about the same.

Old 04-11-2013, 03:22 PM   #35
dad311
Is lookin for wood to cook with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtr View Post
I've searched for WG on the Ace site and wasn't able to find it, then went back another day and searched again and was able to find and order it. Not sure what's up with that, but it does seem to come and go there.
Here the item #

Item: 8322786
Description: CHARCOAL LUMP BAG 22LB,
dad311 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-11-2013, 04:57 PM   #36
ButtBurner
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by dad311 View Post
Here the item #

Item: 8322786
Description: CHARCOAL LUMP BAG 22LB,
not showing up for me

have a link for it?

Old 04-11-2013, 05:04 PM   #37
dad311

Quote:
Originally Posted by ButtBurner View Post
not showing up for me

have a link for it?
Sorry, no link, but thats the info on my last invoice.

Old 04-11-2013, 05:05 PM   #38
ButtBurner
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Sorry, no link, but thats the info on my last invoice.
the point is its not on their site anymore.

Old 04-12-2013, 10:54 AM   #39
Dirtbuddy
is one Smokin' Farker

I heard they were going to stop carrying WG and switching to Kamado Joe lump. Not sure if it holds any truth but makes sense cuz they sell the Kamado Joe line.

Old 04-12-2013, 02:26 PM   #40
dad311

Guess you could also buy directly from wicked. I just priced it, Its about 27.00 a bag delivered to my door step.

Old 04-12-2013, 05:54 PM   #41
ButtBurner
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Guess you could also buy directly from wicked. I just priced it, Its about 27.00 a bag delivered to my door step.
a place by me sells it for $26 a bag.

I draw the line there. Too much for me...its good but not that good...