MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Competition BBQ

Notices

Competition BBQ *On Topic Only* Discussion regarding all aspects of Competition BBQ. Experiences competing or visiting, questions, getting started, Equipment, announcements of events, Results, Reviews, Planning, etc. Questions here will be responded to with competition BBQ in mind.

Old 01-17-2013, 06:43 PM   #16
Coz
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Parker View Post
I barely remember seeing Coz in Indiana one time. He might have been lost and asking for directions, but I believe he was there.

No Chit I was lost I see those scores in my nitemares regularly . Good thing we werent at the fairgrounds that day!
Stumps Clone " CHRISTINE " ONE Evil Biotch and another in process

BRINGIN' THE HEAT BBQ Team
just Cloning around
Coz is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->

Old 01-17-2013, 06:45 PM   #17
sfisch
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Parker View Post
I barely remember seeing Coz in Indiana one time. He might have been lost and asking for directions, but I believe he was there.
I know he was in Kingsford, Michigan, got some of his money there!
Humphreys Battle Box
Chargriller Akorn, Akorn Jr.
Certified Moink Baller, CBJ# 53817
sfisch is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-17-2013, 06:49 PM   #18
Coz
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfisch View Post
I know he was in Kingsford, Michigan, got some of his money there!
In more ways then one
Stumps Clone " CHRISTINE " ONE Evil Biotch and another in process

BRINGIN' THE HEAT BBQ Team
just Cloning around
Coz is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-17-2013, 06:58 PM   #19
SuperQue
Full Fledged Farker

Name/Nickname : Stone Cold Grillers

I emailed Laura about contest info this week. They still have to get permission for the festival first before the contest details will be known. The festival approval will be presented to the city board in a couple weeks. I doubt they would move the festival date to accommodate the contest imo. It would be a shame to lose this one so close to home. And a bitter pill for you Ron L since this is your backyard and you missed out on this last year too.

Old 01-17-2013, 07:07 PM   #20
Stoke&Smoke
Babbling Farker

I would love to do this one again. We had some distractions last year, but are look forward to a more normal run this year!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk 2
KCBS CJ/TC #17139 Member ILBBQS
Too many cookers to list :crazy:
Stoke&Smoke is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-18-2013, 06:58 AM   #21
billm
is One Chatty Farker

Name/Nickname : Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirinUpTheFox View Post
Thank you all who participated in our 2012 Firin' Up the Fox Event.

We are busy working to ensure that we can hold our second annual event in 2013.

Saving you from all of the politics, the organization that was running St. Charles Riverfest (Pride of the Fox), and was going to run the 2013 event, has dissolved and we are actively looking to partner with another organization to support our event as a stand alone contest.

Those discussions are underway and once finalized, we'll get sanctioning and formally begin accepting applications. We are now targeting the weekend of July 5-7, 2013 and as part of the discussions, I would love to be able to show the organizations that we are talking with how much interest there is in our contest.

Please take a moment to fill out our survey, if you think you might compete in our contest on July 5-7, 2013 in either the KCBS, Amateur, or Kids Q competition. I can use these results to show these organizations how successful we can be.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/78BGNST

Thanks

Kevin - Firin' Up the Fox
id definately be interested if it does go standalone

Alveron Cooker
Weber 26.75 inch Kettle & Summit Gold gasser
Cypriot Grill & Optimal Automatics Party Que
http://www.headsredbbq.com
billm is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-18-2013, 08:43 AM   #22
Ron_L

Name/Nickname : Captain Ron

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperQue View Post
I emailed Laura about contest info this week. They still have to get permission for the festival first before the contest details will be known. The festival approval will be presented to the city board in a couple weeks. I doubt they would move the festival date to accommodate the contest imo. It would be a shame to lose this one so close to home. And a bitter pill for you Ron L since this is your backyard and you missed out on this last year too.
That would suck, but it's more of a bitter pill for the contest since several local teams are already committed to the Sam's event. It will mean fewer entries.

But, Kevin's post seems to indicate that they are looking at running the competition separate from the festival. If that's still the case then changing the competition dates wouldn't affect the festival at all.

Naked Fatties Rock!

PKGo X 2/PK360/
Ron_L is online now   Reply With Quote

Old 01-18-2013, 03:44 PM   #23
FirinUpTheFox
Knows what a fatty is.

Default Firin' Up the Fox will be the 5th and 6th of July for KCBS

Riverfest overall is downsizing a bit after a large growth for the 30th Birthday Bash last year. The BBQ contest was almost too big for the festival, and we believe we can turn it into a prime stand alone event.

It was incredibly difficult to find a contest date that didn't have some level of competition from somewhere.

KCBS and several others coached us to consider this weekend, and so we did.

We're finalizing a few things in regards to entry forms, prices and prize money. Our plan is to give a pretty big bump to the prize money this year - details will be published well in advance. We want to compete at the same level as Westmont, Morton, and others. We should have all the details published in two weeks.

Information will be updated at www.firinupthefox.com first, and eventually make it's way to facebook at http://www.facebook.com/FirinUpTheFox

Our plan is to have this contest the first full weekend after the 4th of July going forward.

If you have any questions - I can be reached at [email protected]

Kevin

Old 01-18-2013, 05:12 PM   #24
SCSmoke
Full Fledged Farker

Had a great time at the first contest. Unfortunately we can't cook that weekend either. Maybe next year.....

Old 01-18-2013, 05:39 PM   #25
Ron_L

Name/Nickname : Captain Ron

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirinUpTheFox View Post
Riverfest overall is downsizing a bit after a large growth for the 30th Birthday Bash last year. The BBQ contest was almost too big for the festival, and we believe we can turn it into a prime stand alone event.

It was incredibly difficult to find a contest date that didn't have some level of competition from somewhere.

KCBS and several others coached us to consider this weekend, and so we did.

We're finalizing a few things in regards to entry forms, prices and prize money. Our plan is to give a pretty big bump to the prize money this year - details will be published well in advance. We want to compete at the same level as Westmont, Morton, and others. We should have all the details published in two weeks.

Information will be updated at www.firinupthefox.com first, and eventually make it's way to facebook at http://www.facebook.com/FirinUpTheFox

Our plan is to have this contest the first full weekend after the 4th of July going forward.

If you have any questions - I can be reached at [email protected]

Kevin
Good luck with the competition! Hopefully we'll be able to make it next year!

Naked Fatties Rock!

PKGo X 2/PK360/
Ron_L is online now   Reply With Quote

Old 01-18-2013, 06:12 PM   #26
Stoke&Smoke
Babbling Farker

We'll keep an eye out for details as we aren't doing SAMS
KCBS CJ/TC #17139 Member ILBBQS
Too many cookers to list :crazy:
Stoke&Smoke is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-18-2013, 09:59 PM   #27
daveinwestmont
On the road to being a farker

We will look into this next year as well, we will be in Madison
that weekend.

Old 01-19-2013, 08:29 AM   #28
Rich Parker
Babbling Farker

With all of the locals at the Sam's I may need to come on down. Hopefully this fits in the schedule.

Old 01-19-2013, 09:06 AM   #29
Pig Daddy
Full Fledged Farker

Hey Kevin,

Although our team did terrible, we had a great time. I thought you all did a real fine job and if it were a different date, we would compete again in a second.

I do think part of the appeal was its location and ties to the festival. Have you thought about where you plan on hosting the new contest? This could very well impact public attendance, which may in turn impact your sponsorships, vendor booth sales and the kinds of income generating revenues that will help raise much needed cash - which you will need if it is to be a stand alone contest.

Not saying you are, but you should not rely solely on application fees to run it. Be careful with overhead - like insurance, security, waste management, outhouses, wash stations, electric, permitting fees, etc. These things are gonna cut into your income and unless you have an alternative source to application fees, it could make or break it.

As a stand alone contest - we've run a pretty successful event. We started as a small block party and have grown steady both qualitatively and quantitatively each year. Location is a major component to our success. Also having a dedicated, reliable committee is key. Slow and steady wins the race here.

I am more than willing to talk with you and help. Just let me know via PM.

Tom

Last edited by Pig Daddy; 01-19-2013 at 01:39 PM..
Pig Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-27-2013, 12:30 PM   #30
FirinUpTheFox
Knows what a fatty is.

Default Registration is now open

Thank you all for your feedback. We plan to continue to keep this a stand alone event, and appreciate all the insights. We also plan to publish dates sooner, so you can plan accordingly, and we'd love to have you. We've increased our prize pool significantly and it is posted on our website. http://www.firinupthefox.com.

The KCBS contest will be the weekend of July 5 & 6. The amateur contest will be July 7.

KCBS registration is open. You can save $50 by registering by March 2, 2013 and using the coupon code brethren2013.

http://firinupthefox-kcbs.eventbrite.com.

You can pay online or by check. If you want to pay by check, select other payment options, instead of Register when starting to register.