thermo works recommendation

bmock

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
I am going to buy a thermocoupler from thermoworks for my UDS and chargriller kamado. Any thoughts on which probes I should get? I want a pit probe and a meat probe.

THanks!

I've had a couple of Thermapens and have settled into their Mini TC, it just seems to work best for me.

I believe it has a K connector on the probes, and there are pages of options.... actually if you don't find the probe you really like at Thermoworks, you can buy any probe as long as the connector matches.

There were so may options I was hoping to see what the masses were using!! Something high temp is what I'm leaning towards.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Can anyone else chime in on which probes they use?
Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I am going to buy a thermocoupler from thermoworks for my UDS and chargriller kamado. Any thoughts on which probes I should get? I want a pit probe and a meat probe.

THanks!

I use the Crocodile Clip Oven Probe for pit temp and the shielded Smoke House Penetration Probe with Stainless Overbraides for meat temp. The Armour probe is a bit thick to close the lid or smoker door in my case. Both work great. Just watch how much you crimp the probe wires.

I saw more people at the Seattle Eggfest using the TW8060 to monitor temps than any comp I've been at.

I use the Original Thermapen and a MTC Mini handheld with a 113-159 K probe. Wish the magnet on the MTC was stronger. I would stick to higher temp rated probes and wires on the K thermocouples.

Back