Preparing Mac n cheese in advance

Big Ace

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
I have to cook for 75 people next week and am trying to get my timing set. I'm trying not to cook everything the day of the event and would like to cook or prep some items the night before to save time the day of.

What is the best way to prepare mac n cheese in advance?

Cook noodles(large elbow) ahead of time, chill noodles overnight. Then day of party assemble per instructions and cook.
Prepare per recipe(boil noodles and assemble) with out cooking casserole, chill overnight, then cook day of.
Prepare and cook per recipe then chill overnight and reheat day of.

Or should I just make it fresh right before the party?

Hope those options make sense.

Thanks,

Chris

I have made it in advance and reheated the day of the event and it turned out great, cook it covered in foil so that the cheese does not crust up, then uncover and reheat and it will crust up golden then. I usually make it the day of though.

In advance, make sauce and cook noodles, combine day of and bake off, or serve stovetop style as just noodles and sauce, not a baked version. If you have someplace on the pit to reheat, you can just as easily bake it right there and sprinkle a little cheese on top.

Just did a party for 25. Made mac and cheese day before and heated next day. Left it a little creamier so it wasn't dry the next day. Did the same with Patio Dadio's beans.

Mac

Have made day before, combined everything in foil pan, covered in fridge. Next day heated up in oven at 350 for about 20-25 mins then sprinkled cheese on top and cooked uncoverd another 5 or so till slightly browned. I do make it really gooey initially though, so as not to dry out.

Back