Liquids Used

QansasjayhawQ

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Lawrence, Kansas - The Great American Outback
Wow. I've almost never started a thread!

OK, here's the deal - today, after reading so many great complements here about Kosmos Q's pork injection, I stopped by Backyard Bash KC in Parkville, MO over my lunch hour and had a look around. Beth was great, allowing me to browse around without hassling me and was still right there if I had a question. Nice balance.

To get to the point . . . I bought some Kosmos Q pork injection to try it out.

On the package, it says to mix it with 3 cups of 'apple juice, peach nectar, water, or whatever liquid you prefer'.

OK - who wants to share what liquid (or combination of liquids) they use with this injection to win it all? :)

If all I hear is the crickets chirping, I'll understand.

Otherwise, thanks in advance for any advice you might be able to lend.

Just FYI, when I first used Kosmo's Beef Injection the recomended mixture was to strong for a family brisket. The same might be true for the pork, after all it's made to grab the judges attention.

I've tried peach nectar and its way too thick with the recommended mix. Pineapple juice at a slightly lower mix rate came out real nice. I typically use 50/50 water to apple juice at the recommended mix rate because its convenient and always around the house.

I used straight water. had good results with it.

rookiedad makes a very good point, but i think you'll be OK with the kosmos pork.

beef injections seem to be slightly more insidious.

Back