I'm hoping to roast this weekend...

Ron_L

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The weather looks iffy, but I will probably roast at some point this weekend.

Right now I am thinking about bringing back the popular Fox River Blend, which is a 60/40 blend of Papua New Guinea and Rwanda. If you guys need or want some please post below so i have an idea of how much to roast. The price on the blend will be $14/bag due to the higher cost of the PNG beans.

Also, I just ordered 30 lbs of a very nice Ethiopian Sidamo for later this spring.

Big George - 2 - Paid
Deepsouth - 2 - Paypal Sent
Bigabyte - 2 - Paid
GTR - 2 - Paid
Arlin - 1 - Paid
HB BBQ - 2 - Paypal Sent
Norm - 2 - Paid
Animosity - 2
Mmmmmeat - 1

Last edited:
I will take 2 Please and when you get the Ethiopian I would like some of that too
Thanks

I ordered so much last time...I'm worried about having some get old!:shock: I would love some more PNG, even if it is a blend. Let me think about it. I'm sure you'll have to twist my arm real hard to make me bend and order some. I will probably put up lots of resistance. Yeah, I'm sure I can resist. I can do it.

Ronelle, do you have any tasting notes on the Rwanda? We really enjoyed the PNG.

Arlin

Ronelle, do you have any tasting notes on the Rwanda? We really enjoyed the PNG.

Arlin

Here you go...

Rwanda COOPAC Peaberry - this peaberry lot comprises 100% washed Bourbon varietals and yields a cup that is fruity, flavorful and pristinely sweet cherry, lemon and honey tones; a true rock star among coffees!

Thanks, Ron. It sounds like it will nicely compliment the PNG. Imagine that...

Put me down for a bag, please.

Arlin

Ron please put me down for 2 bags of the Fox River Blend. We loved the PNG and that Rwanda sounds like a great addition to it thanks.

My bad...I confused the Rwanda (blend) with the Ethiopia. Typical. Aren't they all farked anyway?

So I guess what I really wanted to ask was, what's the skinny on the Ethiopian? (no pun intended.....ok, fine it was intended, I can't fool you, can I?)

You just need more caffeine :)

Here is the full cupping notes on the Ethiopian from our cupping team...

Ethiopia Natural Sidamo Ardi

Roasted to City+ in a hottop.

Fragrance/Aroma: 8

Fragrance: Intensity 8/10 berries, tropical fruit (papaya, slight mango), hint of banana
note
Aroma: Intensity 7/10 berries, hint of toasted grain, malt, tropical fruits; berries, hint of papaya, touch of chocolate and malt on the break

Flavor: 8.25 sweet, clean, berries (blackberry perhaps), tropical fruits (papaya, mango come to mind), slight honey note

Aftertaste: 8.25 clean, lingering sweet finish, more tropical fruit than berry (though it's still there), some mid-range honey-like sweetness, maybe a skosh of dark chocolate

Acidity: 7.75 slight tingle, but mostly rounded, soft and smooth

Intensity: medium to medium-high

Body: 8 creamy, smooth, rich

Weight: medium to medium-high

Balance: 8 well-balanced, top to bottom, hot to cold

Overall: 8 Wonderfully clean, fruity, and creamy natural Ethiopian

Total Score: 86.25

Excellent, clean, fruity natural Sidamo. Another gem, like last years. Even at 8 days off the roast, the fruit is present, complex, and clean. The creamy body meshes perfectly with the tropical fruits. Finish holds, with fresh and clean fruit lingering on the palate. Highly Recommended.

Looks like I'm down for 2 Ethiopians as well. You can just call me Brangelina. Or was it Madonna? Fark, it was somewhere over there dammit!:mad:

I'll keep you in mind, Brangedona...

I dont have the Ethiopian yet. It will be a couple of weeks.

I will not let good coffee go bad.

Not gonna over buy so I'm passing on the PNG/Rwanda.
Drat! I'll hold out for the Ethiopian, or Eritrian, or Abyssinian or whatever.

Put me down for 2 bags too please.

Anyone else? Because I have so much to do to get our trailer loaded I'm going to roast to order for this week, so I see interest in 15 bags so far. I'll be roasting early tomorrow morning, so there is still time :)

It will be a couple of weeks before I have time to roast again.

Back