Taking credit cards

Garth57

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Looking at takling credit cards at the farmers market I am at. Been getting numerous requests each week. What do you use, wireless handheld device, paypal w/virtual, etc? Is it more hasle than it's worth?

Looking at takling credit cards at the farmers market I am at. Been getting numerous requests each week. What do you use, wireless handheld device, paypal w/virtual, etc? Is it more hasle than it's worth?

For the market, you need to look at convenience and speed - If it were me, it would be wireless handheld to eliminate any issues. They are a bit spendy, but get the job done. Negotiate fees from your processor, as they can fluctuate quite a bit.

CC transaction is not a cash sale, so your book keeping will need to tighten up in the areas of sales tax, etc...

I have checked them out, what I have found is anywhere from 15-60 $$ per month plus transaction fees. Unless you are doing a large volume.

Check to see if you have wireless available at your site. I just went through the process of getting a processor and found that First Data has a USB connected card swiper so you can use the virtual terminal and your computer. Make sure you use a primary processor not a third party. iphone compatable units are spendy.

Is the squareup service widely available now. I read that it was in testing in several areas. It looks like a nice option

Back