double barrel smoker..

B

badboy2

i got all the stuff needed to build the DBS .i just want to know if i can use the top barrel for grilling too?im thinking of lining the top barrel with some fire brick.but since i dont have a grill,im thinking if i can grill on it.is it possible?

Wow I can't believe this got so far down the list. I can't see why you wouldnt be able to grill in it. Just add yourself some kinda charcoal grate, and as long as you can get enough air to the fire you should be in business.

I did it with my Stainless Double barrel. It worked better than the double set up did.

Not that you asked for advice.. but I wouldnt waste the drums, you could build two UDS's and have way more fun,..I would have two SS uds's now.

but whatever you do, good luck and have fun!

the dbs are not that good?me and my friend did the cutting already..and i only cannot afford to buy another damper.i only have one that came with the vogelzang kit..would that be a big deal when smoking the meat?also we are thinking of putting the chimney in the center..will that be as effective as the dbs with 2 dampers?do ineed damper in the chimney also?thanks.

Back