Shout out for TuscaloosaQ

dwfisk

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Reaction score
My wife and I finished a week long roadtrip today (documented in more detail over in Brethren Roadtrips) with a marathon 14 hour drive from Memphis to home (north Florida) but that included a detour to Shirley Fabrication in Tuscaloosa AL to meet Paul Shirley (TucaloosaQ) and his son Tyler and visit their fabrication shop. Just wanted to thank Paul for the tour, time to talk fabrication and sharing some of his newest improvements/mods to his cookers. Many of y'all know first hand what great folks they are and the truely outstanding quality they build into their cookers. If anyone out there is considering a reverse flow offset you really owe it to yourself to take a hard look at the SF cookers.

One of these days, I would love to meet Paul, he seems like a genuinely nice guy.

My wife and I finished a week long roadtrip today (documented in more detail over in Brethren Roadtrips) with a marathon 14 hour drive from Memphis to home (north Florida) but that included a detour to Shirley Fabrication in Tuscaloosa AL to meet Paul Shirley (TucaloosaQ) and his son Tyler and visit their fabrication shop. Just wanted to thank Paul for the tour, time to talk fabrication and sharing some of his newest improvements/mods to his cookers. Many of y'all know first hand what great folks they are and the truely outstanding quality they build into their cookers. If anyone out there is considering a reverse flow offset you really owe it to yourself to take a hard look at the SF cookers.

Did you see my baby? They started it Monday, so excited

Did you see my baby? They started it Monday, so excited

Probably, what are you getting? They had one completely finished and just waiting for pickup, one that had just come back from sandblasting that morning, a really neat custom double with his his "regular" RF smoker plus an awsome 48" direct cooker and dual gas burners and a couple in the cut-n-weld stage. For someone who builds a few (but not even close to their class) it was great to see them working from raw steel to finished product. The build quality using such heavy metal and final fit & finish is simply amazing. You will be blown away by whatever you are getting,:thumb:

Last edited:
I just placed an order with them this week. I should be up there some time in late November if all goes as planed. Wait is going to kill me but I have a 48" lang to hold me over till then.

Thx for all the kind words... It was wonderful meeting Dave and his lovely wife... Very fine down to earth people just like i expected.... I hope in the future i get to make it to one of the brethern bashes......... Me.... Mcvey yours will be complete mid next week....

Thx for all the kind words... It was wonderful meeting Dave and his lovely wife... Very fine down to earth people just like i expected.... I hope in the future i get to make it to one of the brethern bashes......... Me.... Mcvey yours will be complete mid next week....
:boink: Pssst....October 18th :becky:

Back