Have $3-4K to spend....what to do???

Have $3-4K to spend....what to do???
New joiner here, although I've been stalking the forums and threads for a few years it seems. Had a WSM 18.5 until I recently moved back to DFW area and the movers destroyed it. With the tax return, the wife said it's time to buy another!!!

So, here's where I am. I've looked at 4 smokers in tremendous detail:

1. Jambo Backyard Model - ~$1850, no options or shipping required
2. Backwoods Fatboy - ~3400 with options and shipping
3. Superior SS-2 - $3600 with options and shipping
4. WSM 22.5 - ~1000 with options and mods
I don't see a Flowerpot or a Pellet Pooper anywhere on his short list.

Strictly going by your choices I'd pick the Jambo(2400 shipped from big poppa smokers). Also.....in my vast experience in the area.....YOU WILL NEVER be happy unless you get the one you want in the back of your head. Now that doesn't mean you'll be forever satisfied....but you'll be happy for a longer period before the next itch hits you.

Now, if you are up for suggestions. I just think that the Shirley fabrication backyard model hits a perfect spot for you. WELL under your limit and their cabinet trailer model at 3300 is still in budget and an amazing value with the ability to take it to where ever you decide to go.:-D

I was just in your boat (not quite the same budget), but the one thing I found calling places was that shipping costs can be a deal killer. Being in Texas, you have a lot of options that won't require huge freight. If you end up going heavy, I'd consider getting something in state and picking it up.

Back