• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Keller, TX Lions IBCA Comp 9/30-10/1

thillin

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Will be there this weekend 9/30 - 10/1. I know Tony76248 & KellerSteeler will be there as well.

I'll be cooking solo, so if anyone in North Texas wants to see what an IBCA comp is like, let me know. I start cooking early Sat. Friday evening is social time.

Ty

Any camping areas around the contest site? I wouldn't mind hanging out -- and I could bring my cameras. I've never been to a comp. I'd like to see what it's all about.

CD

The comp is in the middle of town at the Lions Club. They have a lot that they installed electric hookups for teams. They've had 40-60 teams cook this the past couple of years.

What type of camping area are you needing?

I have a teardrop camper, if you know what that is. I just figured that the best times to be at the comp are when the behind the scenes work is going on, and when the socializing is going on. I don't like to drive after "socializing," and don't really want to go back and forth from Frisco to Keller multiple times.

Plus, I like to camp.

CD

I'm sure there would be space, but would need to check on the electric hookup if you need it. If not there are plenty of parking spots that it could fit in.

I will do some research. If I am not working, I will be out there. I'm self-employed, so I never now for sure. If I'm out there, I know how to work a broom and wash things. Let me know if I can help. And, good luck -- or break a leg -- not sure how your BBQ comp people talk. :laugh:

CD

Wish I'd seen this one earlier, I'd definitely have cooked in it. Already made plans for the weekend or I'd still jump in on it. Good luck!

Will be there this weekend 9/30 - 10/1. I know Tony76248 & KellerSteeler will be there as well.

I'll be cooking solo, so if anyone in North Texas wants to see what an IBCA comp is like, let me know. I start cooking early Sat. Friday evening is social time.

Ty

Good Luck guys.

Trimming meats tomorrow and gonna try to drop off the toy hauler tomorrow evening. Anyone wants to stop by Fri or Sat, look for the grey Hobbi and the Paddlin Pigs banner.

Ty

Do you have site locations for the brethren competitors?

CD

Do you have site locations for the brethren competitors?

CD

No, it's first come first serve for spots. We usually all park together or at least close by. Only comps I've been to that assign spots is the KCBS comp in Bedford. IBCA & LSBS are more laid back and most people pay entry when they arrive. Not many area comps limit the amount of teams.

Ty

Looks like the wife and kids all have strep. Having to cancel this comp.

Sorry to hear about the illness. Watch out, or you'll have it next -- that stuff spreads easily.

Psycho poodle got a hold of a bottle of Advil Liquidgels yesterday. I spend half the night cleaning up dog barf. So, I'm too tired to go anywhere either.

CD

Sorry to hear about that thillin. I was wanting to cook this comp, but it just didn't work out for me.

I got a heads up that the McKinney American Legion Post is hosting a BBQ Comp in late OCT. I don't know if it's a sanctioned event but I'm trying to run down more info.

Sorry to hear about that thillin. I was wanting to cook this comp, but it just didn't work out for me.

I got a heads up that the McKinney American Legion Post is hosting a BBQ Comp in late OCT. I don't know if it's a sanctioned event but I'm trying to run down more info.

Check here:

http://www.ibcabbq.org/events2011/Year.html

or

http://www.lonestarbarbecue.com/2011-events-and-results/

I'll be at Traders Village next weekend. It's a Friday - Sunday comp. There is the IBCA comp, the IBCA invitational and the backyard chicken cook. $25 to enter just the chicken comp.

I'll do all three and my 7yo boy will do the kids cook pork chops.

Let me know if you want to stop by.

Ty

Back