Wedding Catering again with Mista (pics)

big brother smoke

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
The weekend before last I had a wedding reception to cater for up at the ranch. The event was for 104 ppl and I was going to need a little help from one of my favorite Sous Chefs, Mista. I thought I would keep the exact location a secret until the last minute (Mista loves nature):twisted:. It was also going to be at least a 100 degrees in the shade and the rattle snakes just love this weather:shock:. I have done events at the ranch that was cooler and you could here them rattling in the bushes and underneathe the house (No wonder I am the preferred caterer :biggrin:)! Strangely enough we would never hear a peep from them during the event!

Anywho, I did not have to take the rig because there is a 8' foot Santa Maria at the ranch and we would have access to the kitchen. Besides Mista, I had five others assisting, because besides the buffet we were responsible for serving beer and wine and I called my cute bartender friends to assist with this endeavor :biggrin:

Starters:

Cheese and Crudites

Entree:

Santa Maria Tri - tip
Grlled Chicken
Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes
Baked Beans
Mixed Greens
Dinner rolls

Enjoy the pics:

DSC02273.jpg

DSC02276.jpg

DSC02283.jpg

DSC02286.jpg

DSC02292.jpg

DSC02293.jpg

DSC02298.jpg

DSC02299.jpg

DSC02302.jpg

DSC02303.jpg

DSC02309.jpg

DSC02314.jpg

DSC02318.jpg

DSC02335.jpg

DSC02328.jpg

DSC02336.jpg

Last edited:
WOW! Great pictures! Never been to Cali, but it looks beautiful. Food looks great too! And that grill.... is really something to behold. Thanks for sharing the pics!

Next time gotta do the rubber snake on fishing line trick.:twisted:

As usual Big Brother you guys did a great Job!!Looks outstanding

I'll take the bartenders, with a side of Q.. I agree, they are cuties...:biggrin:

Great job!!!! At least you had people show up!

I did one this weekend that was supposed to be for 100 but with the threat of rain only 50 showed and I would say that a solid 30% were kids under the age of 10 (we were told to expect 70% adult, 20% teenagers, 10 kids)... Not my problem, I had the food and served it to those there and the client ended up with a bunch of leftovers...

BBS,
Good looking spread and it looks to be a sucess.
Where is the "Ranch"?
Down in your neck of the woods we referred to Hollister Ranch as "The Ranch" west of Gaviotta or is this up in the Ojai Valley area? Just Thank God for no fires for you guys!
I used to have an old stone home across from the Honor Ranch in Ojai and I am glad to have missed out on a few of the fires down there. Beautiful region.

Yes I do. :mrgreen:

My only question: Did you deglaze the chef?

View attachment 17047

No!

It was 110 degrees up there! I guess we were too close to the sun! Then add in the fact that I was standing over a blazing 8-foot Santa Maria Grill. I was pounding bottles of water but I think they were evaporating before they made it to my stomach.

I was constantly monitoring the hills and the wedding party because if a Mountain Lion or a bear came down the hill, I needed to know who I could outrun so I wouldn't be the last person. I didn't have to outrun everyone, just don't be last...

The Ranch is up this little windy 1 lane road and Big Brotrher Speedy wanted to take the curves on 2 wheels in his big Chevy 2500. I told him I wasn't in a rush. He's lucky I rode with him because if I had to find that place by myself, I would have quit about halfway up the hill and turned back.

Funny...the one event I DON'T get a call for is the one you bring in all the cute help (Mista excluded)...hmmmmmm. I'll remember that when you need help cooking for the Deliverance Family Wedding next time! :icon_pissed

Funny...the one event I DON'T get a call for is the one you bring in all the cute help (Mista excluded)...hmmmmmm. I'll remember that when you need help cooking for the Deliverance Family Wedding next time! :icon_pissed

And Lori was chopped Liver?:shock:

BBS,
Good looking spread and it looks to be a sucess.
Where is the "Ranch"?
Down in your neck of the woods we referred to Hollister Ranch as "The Ranch" west of Gaviotta or is this up in the Ojai Valley area? Just Thank God for no fires for you guys!
I used to have an old stone home across from the Honor Ranch in Ojai and I am glad to have missed out on a few of the fires down there. Beautiful region.

It is in Los Olivos (Santa Ynez Valley), Figueroa Mtn. Ranch. It is the next set of houses after Neverland.:shock:

That looks a grand ol' time on the ranch with some OUT-FARKING-STANDING food! you guys rock!

Nice lookin' place, and that brisket looks awesome brothers!
I was going to ask what the heck a Santa maria was, but I guess it's that open pit you were using?

Back