Looking for a good 'honey ribs' recipe

BBQBobofA2

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
We are having 22 people over this weekend, and the wife is asking that I cook. Will be making some homemade sausage, pulled pork, and BB ribs. A good number of kids are coming, so I thought some real sweet honey ribs would be good for them.

Any tips or recipes for 'honey ribs'?

Thanks

Well, the simple thing is to add honey to your BBQ sauce and then glaze the ribs with it near the end of the cook.

If you want to go more complex, one of the sweetest rib preps is what is being called the Johnny Trigg method (even though many others use something similar, Johnny used it on the BBQ Pitmasters show and made it popular).

There is a Google search at the bottom of the page that searches just the BBQ Brethren site. Try searching for Trigg method and you should get some hits. here is one recent thread that has a description of what Johnny uses when he wraps his ribs. there is also a link to a video from Lotta Bull BBQ.

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=102960

do you foil your ribs? if you do you can pour a strip of honey and sprinkle a little brown sugar on them before wraping. they will be nice and sweet even if you sauce them.

do you foil your ribs? if you do you can pour a strip of honey and sprinkle a little brown sugar on them before wraping. they will be nice and sweet even if you sauce them.

That would be like pig candy except ribs instead of bacon.

I think this is what BBQBobofA2 is looking for. I know I'd make some like that.

Thanks for the tips all. I normally don't foil my ribs, but have done it before so that won't be a problem. The brown sugar / honey / apple cider / butter sounds great, mouth is watering all ready !

Not "honey" but my uncle drizzles his ribs with maple syrup about 20 minutes before their done.And for a sweet rib its pretty f'in good.

Back