Qualifiers

SirPorkaLot

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
There was a thread on here recently that laid out some of the conditions for a competition to be a qualifier for the AR, Jack etc
One of those is that it is automatically a qualifier if it is a sanctioned contest with at least 50 teams.

Does the contest organizers have to do anything for it to be a qualifier, or once it hits 50 teams, it is automatically a qualifier?

The Jack: This is based on a draw from the same pool of qualifiers? Only one draw per state?

Please enlighten us. :thumb:

A contest is considered a qualifier for The Jack and the American Royal if:

• It is a first year contest, has at least 15 teams entered into the contest, has at least 15 teams turning in all entries (see note below on "All Entries") and has a governor's proclamation making it a State Championship
  • It is a second or more year contest, has at least 25 teams entered into the contest, has at least 25 teams turning in all entries (see note below on "All Entries") and has a governor's proclamation making it a State Championship
  • It is a contest of any tenure, has at least 50 teams entered into the contest, has at least 50 teams turning in all entries (see note below on "All Entries"). This contest does not require a governor's proclamation.
"All Entires" - Teams must cook Chicken, Pork & Beef for the contest to be counted as a "qualifier". Pork Ribs will fill the requirement for Pork as in a IBCA event where Pork Butt/Picnic/Shoulder is not always a required category.
  • For a KCBS contest, at least 15 or 25 teams (depending on the age of the contest) must turn in all 4 categories of Chicken, Ribs, Pork & Brisket
  • For a IBCA contest, at least 15 or 25 teams (depending on the age of the contest) must turn in all 3 categories of Chicken, Ribs & Brisket

What Vince said...^^^...also I believe if a contest is the ONLY state championship (meeting the above criteria) then the winner gets an auto-invite to the Jack...please correct me if I am wrong folks...:becky:

Back