MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 11-24-2018, 06:44 PM   #2431
Kaptain Kadian
is One Chatty Farker

I did 2 briskets on mine for the first time in a while and I had forgotten how easy it to cook on this cooker and how good the food comes out on it. Here are some pictures of the brisket

Old 11-24-2018, 08:38 PM   #2432
Big Swole
is one Smokin' Farker

Yum!!!
-BGE Mini --------------------------- "CHERRY POPPER"
Big Swole is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-25-2018, 06:02 PM   #2433
Logg7
Is lookin for wood to cook with.

Little Texas Turkey for the Feast

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Logg7 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-25-2018, 06:04 PM   #2434
Kaptain Kadian
is One Chatty Farker

Good looking bird. I am jealous of you guys with the new upgraded grates. They look so much easier to clean

Thanks from:--->
Old 11-25-2018, 08:17 PM   #2435
Logg7

Next weekend rolling out 8 briskets and sausage
For a Wedding
Good thing I picked out the Big Boy Smoker
Logg7 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-07-2018, 11:23 PM   #2436
Twotonesmoke
Got rid of the matchlight.

Name/Nickname : Adam

Does anyone use the Fireboard on their LSG IVC? I am thinking about purchasing the whole unit from LSG? Any help will be appreciated.
Twotonesmoke is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-08-2018, 12:13 AM   #2437
pjtexas1
somebody shut me the fark up.

Name/Nickname : Texas Pete

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logg7 View Post
Next weekend rolling out 8 briskets and sausage
For a Wedding
Good thing I picked out the Big Boy Smoker
Congrats on the cooker! For a size reference, 8 briskets will fit in the mini. Don't let the name fool you.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
SF 24x36 Midnight Edition / Mak 1-Star /Abe's 48" Insulated Cabinet / 22.5 OTG / 28" BS / Jimmy with CB Roti and pizza kit / Red Box on custom cart / Char-Griller Kettle / Barrel House Cooker / Pit Boss Copperhead / Char-Griller Akorn Jr

Sign Up for The 2022 Texas BBQ Brethren Fall Bash Here! ([URL="https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/12NjP4bH3uLyH6-RJnI4gSfDr0nKQ6_4cxdw_GhmrKq0/edit#gid=1935530835"]Link[/URL])
pjtexas1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-08-2018, 07:19 AM   #2438
bryantgish

I just got a fire board controller to replace my guru. I am very happy with it if you have the cash get one easy to use and works very well with LSG IVC.
bryantgish is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-22-2019, 10:41 PM   #2439
AshPit

Name/Nickname : Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkylightQue View Post
Have a large IVS and recently got a fireboard and used it for the first time this weekend on a turkey and really enjoyed it. Now I have a few questions;
1. How does everyone have it mounted to the bracket Chris makes for it?
2. When not in use do you take it off?
3. When starting up do you open both valves?
4. Once at or close to temp how do you run your valves?

Thanks in advance!
I'm new to this, so apply huge grain of salt to my answers

1) I got the adapter from Chris and the holes lined up perfectly so just used screws
2) Yes, just unscrew it from the bushing attached to the valves
3) only a mini here but open all the way
4) about a third
AshPit is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-03-2019, 06:50 PM   #2440
DocFenner
Got Wood.

Name/Nickname : Doc

Ordered a Mini from Amber on Friday morn. Felt like I was visiting a celebrity...ha! Picked up a t-shirt, put my money down, and went on my way.

Gonna be a long 8 weeks.
DocFenner is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-04-2019, 11:20 AM   #2441
JVM59
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocFenner View Post
Ordered a Mini from Amber on Friday morn. Felt like I was visiting a celebrity...ha! Picked up a t-shirt, put my money down, and went on my way.

Gonna be a long 8 weeks.
Congrats on the mini, it's a great cooker.
The 8 weeks will be gone before you know it.
Enjoy!
JVM59 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-18-2019, 06:12 PM   #2442
Will E Mows

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocFenner View Post

Gonna be a long 8 weeks.
Just got my fab notification on my Mini (bells and whistles too). It was six weeks to the day since order. Can't wait!
Will E Mows is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-19-2019, 11:44 AM   #2443
JVM59
Full Fledged Farker

Sounds like you'll have smoke rollin' in no time!
JVM59 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-19-2019, 10:14 PM   #2444
DocFenner
Got Wood.

Name/Nickname : Doc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will E Mows View Post
Just got my fab notification on my Mini (bells and whistles too). It was six weeks to the day since order. Can't wait!
That is excellent! Forward progress is a good thing. My Mini had a few bells and whistles too, and should be a few weeks behind yours.
DocFenner is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-24-2019, 04:12 PM   #2445
03 Aggie
Wandering around with a bag of matchlight, looking for a match.

Name/Nickname : Josh
Default New to the Club!

Sorry for the long post, for you millennials - TL/DR: I’m to the Brethren (first post!), just ordered a Large LSG ICS, super excited, love this thread, Chris/Amber kick a$$, I have a few questions below, but you don’t need to read the rest unless you’re bored, YAY!

Hi Folks, I’m new to the forum, but placed my order for the Large on 3/15 and am now anxiously waiting the 8 week quoted lead time. I’ve had a wonderful relationship with my 22 inch WSM for years. She’s helped me gain many delicious pounds. As many others have mentioned, capacity and ability to cook in sub 30 degree temps ultimately caused my eye to stray.

~3 years ago, I stumbled upon a similar design to my beloved WSM in the cabinet style smokers and quickly latched onto LSG. I have been periodically researching ever since. In a way, I am happy that I did not come across this thread three years ago as it would have tortured me to read about all of you pulling the trigger while I sat on the sidelines!

Reading through the posts here have validated my purchase 10-fold and also provided me a number of ideas for modifications that I will address with Chris. Thank you to the many contributors! Sad to see that posts are less and less frequent over the last 6 months or so…

I will echo what many others have said. Chris has been great to work with. I’ve been to the shop twice and both times Chris carved out time to answer all my questions and show me around his shop. He has also been very responsive to all email questions. He maintains a strong customer focus and is a true master of his craft. I haven’t interacted directly with Amber, but I’m sure she’s great too!

The build quality is VERY impressive. The ‘tank’ comparison so frequently used in this thread is very well deserved.

I have eagerly/faithfully read through all pages of the thread, and wanted to pose a few questions that might lead me to modify my order a bit before construction begins. I appreciate any feedback anyone has!

- I got the 8 inch casters. The offroad tires are a bit much for me, but I see that some of you went with 10 inch Flat free tires. How have those held up? Do they sell those with a locking feature?
- Has anyone done custom paint? I was considering getting it painted Aggie Maroon, but my wife talked me out of it. Would love to see a pic if anyone has done the painting. I’m worried that the Texas sun would cause my beloved maroon to fade to a not so appealing pink…
- I’ve seen a couple people complain about magnets leaving marks on the smoker. Does anyone else use magnets to either decorate or hang things? If so, do they damage the smoker?
- On the decoration topic, anyone got any other cool ideas? I saw someone put a bottle opener on it, which looked pretty cool.
- I see one post that mentions a drip rail and rain cap. Are those available upgrades? I haven’t see them anywhere.

Thanks,
Josh