MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 08-09-2010, 08:38 PM   #1
FattyMac
Full Fledged Farker

Default Cambro Alternative

I've noticed that a lot of you, especially those that compete, use a cambro or carlisle for coolering your meats.

After my small foray into catering for family (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=90075) I see the wisdom in this. In the coolers I have I couldn't get a full pan to fit and I wasn't smart enough to check before hand. Previously I had only used half pans.

I was wondering if any one had used a Rubermaid Proserve catering bag before and if it makes an acceptable substitute? I seems to be the same idea and have the same specs as far as temperature holding capability.

Here is the ad for a used one that prompted this:
http://toronto.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-sell-business-industrial-Proserve-Top-Load-Catering-Bags-with-Insulated-Ice-Chiller-Pack-W0QQAdIdZ221735091#

What say you?
(Mods please move if this isn't the right spot)

Old 08-09-2010, 09:32 PM   #2
jgh1204
Babbling Farker

Seems a bit pricey.

Thanks from:--->
Old 08-09-2010, 10:52 PM   #3
Jeff Hughes
is one Smokin' Farker

Part of the value of a Cambro or Carlisle is the ease of use. That Rubbermaid deal does not look user friendly when you are in the weeds...
22" Weber Kettle(10 bucks@garage sale)
Jeff Hughes is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-10-2010, 02:05 AM   #4
Brauma
somebody shut me the fark up.

I concur with the ease of use statement. Go with a Carlisle or Cambro and you'll love how the front loading trays work.

I bought a Carlisle off Craigslist 2 years ago and still say it is one of my best investments.

Community Development VP - Secret Squirrel Society (but we don't exist)
Member: KCBS. CBJ

New Braunfels Bandera - refurbished; Two Big Green Eggs; 6' fire pit; Weber Kettles; Superfast Blue Thermepan
Brauma is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-10-2010, 08:04 AM   #5
n-2-que
is one Smokin' Farker

i just ordered 2 cambros myself from http://www.acemart.com/prod3897.html for 199.00 each ( cheapest i could find) just a heads up i have dealt with this company before and can say they are nice and fast bought 3 chafers from them previously
Cooker
CookShack- Fec100
BGE - Extra Large with Table
Weber- 22 inch Kettle