• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Venison shoulder on the campfire

cowgirl

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
This was from my last camp trip. I use a tractor tire rim for campfire ring. It's easy for me to roll around where I need it.

7323dbaa.jpg

e692b893.jpg

890f80b4.jpg

marinade venison shoulder with
allegro game marinade, onions, garlic... I did this at home, wrapped the shoulder and carried it in an ice chest to the camp sight.

3ee776fd.jpg

1a653f0f.jpg

3027e56c.jpg

slow roast over low-heat side of fire... 4 hours

15121221.jpg

mopped the venison with seasoned beef stock..

cb020f5d.jpg

added wood to the fire every so often...

f61a22ec.jpg

6bad646b.jpg

added peppers and onions...

b65938bc.jpg

chicken

dc5b6d1f.jpg

tortillas...

0c8b2bf0.jpg

415c6480.jpg

92579d32.jpg

set it up self-serve style...

5a6b3929.jpg

venison, chicken fajita...

2c8cc1b8.jpg

It was kinda tasty!

Thanks for looking. :)

Your cooks are always amazing!!
Great spread of food right there!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk in stealth mode.

cowgirl i just happened to be cruzin the site from work at the refinery. All I can say is my my my. Now that looks awesome just wish i was there getting a pull of it !!!!!!!!!

Thank you everybody! :-D

neuyawk, good luck with your tractor rim if you get one!
Mine has about a 3" square hole cut in the bottom on one side for good air flow. I really love the thing, works great. :becky:

I've never cooked with game meats. I really would like to learn how. Any suggestions on where to start and how they differ from more common meats? I would imagine that because they are leaner they that adding some fat would be a common technique.

I've never cooked with game meats. I really would like to learn how. Any suggestions on where to start and how they differ from more common meats? I would imagine that because they are leaner they that adding some fat would be a common technique.

Most wild game is leaner. Some cuts benefit from marinades or added moister like bacon. Other cuts like venison backstrap steaks are pretty tasty without much added attention at all. I like venison med rare...still pink inside. It stays tender and I love the flavor. :becky:
Hope you try it sometime!
Thanks Enkidu!

Back