Hey BBQ boozers! I need some summertime drinks

Big slick

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
So it's Summer (sort of) and that means extended time outdoors BBQing. Now I hear the trick to good BBQ is to start your smoker, put on your food, and sit back and drink till it's done. Well, I don't drink beer but I love rum, vodka, tequila and whiskey. My wife has been wanting to make some good summertime drinks but I don't really know where to begin. So I figured I'd ask those that haven't steered me wrong yet. So, do any of you guys have any good alcoholic BBQ beverage recipes that pair well with summer? I'd love to hear about them.

Thanks in advance,

Nick

Lots of good bourbon, it helps me put up with the mind numbing heat we're having down here. After about 3 doubles, you don't care if it's 102. :twisted:

Mojitos
or my personal favorite...
Lemonaide Four Loko mixed with UV Blue

Fill a 16 oz glass with ice. Pour in two shots vodka or gin. Fill half way with cranberry juice and add a splash of lime juice. Fill the rest of the way with club soda or sparkling water. Stir. Drink. Repeat as necessary.

Not withstanding beer, one of my favorites is a glass of diet mountain dew topped off with a splash of cranberry juice... Don't knock it till you try it!

I love Vodka Lemonades in the summer. Very refreshing. But I object to your 1st step, mix the drink before you start the smoker.

Personal Tequila Consumption: Don Julio, Quervo Platino
Personal Bourbon Consumption: Buffalo Trace, Blanton's, Booler's Basil Haydens, Rip Van Winkel
Party: Homemade Sangria (with vodka)
Fresh Maragrita
Vodka Lemonade

I got this off the Homebrewtalk website last year. It tastes much better than it sounds:

Tecate Mojito

Ingredients
3/4 cup sugar
48 large mint leaves
1/2 cup fresh lime juice
1/2 cup white rum or silver tequila (it's better with tequila)
Four 12-ounce cans of Tecate beers (or other light, citrus-y tasting beer)
Ice

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Directions

In a small saucepan combine the sugar and 3/4 cup water. Bring to a simmer, stirring to dissolve the sugar. Cool.

For each drink, place 6 mint leaves in the bottom of a 10 to 12 ounce glass. Add 2 tablespoons of the sugar syrup plus 1 tablespoon each of the lime juice and rum or tequila. Crush (muddle) the mint into the liquid with a muddler or the back of a spoon or fork to release its flavor. Fill the glass about 3/4 full with ice cubes. Slowly pour in half of one of the beers, stir well with a long-handled spoon and serve right away.

I love Vodka Lemonades in the summer. Very refreshing. But I object to your 1st step, mix the drink before you start the smoker.

Got to second the vodka lemonade, do not use cheap lemonade or vodka. I started making my own margaritas from scratch. Very refreshing, just may have to set a 3 drink limit!

A few classics

Vodka tonic w/ lemon or lime.
I actually prefer gin n tonic, but some folks don't care for gin too much.

Daiquiri is a family of cocktails whose main ingredients are rum, lime juice, and sugar or other sweetener.[1] There are several versions, but those that gained international fame are the ones made in the El Floridita bar[2] in Havana, Cuba.

Long Island Iced Tea is a highball made with, among other ingredients, vodka, gin, tequila, and rum. A popular version mixes equal parts vodka, gin, tequila, rum, and triple sec with 1½ parts sour mix and a splash of cola

Try mixing Vodka with Arnold Palmer's Pink Lemonade and Iced Tea over ice. Very light and refreshing. :thumb:

CD

My favorite margarita:

Whole Fruit Margarita

1/4 cup water
8 oz. tequila
...2 oz. Cointreau
1 medium orange, peeled, halved
1 lime, peeled, halved
1 lemon, peeled, halved, seeded
1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons sugar
6 cups ice cubes

Blend above into a frosted frothy blended Margarita smoothie of bliss. The actual recipe called for Grand Marnier instead of the Cointreau, but I think this adaptation is better.

Here is the authentic, original piña colada recipe, as invented in San Juan, Puerto Rico.

1 Can of Coco Lopez coconut creme

Use the Coco Lopez can to measure out one can of pineapple juice

Then measure out one can of DonQ white rum

Put it all in a blender with ice, and blend it until silky smooth. Garnish with a wedge of fresh pineapple.

Attachments

• Colada.jpg
    Colada.jpg
    141 KB · Views: 377
  • Colada2.jpg
    Colada2.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 377
I had the piña colada photos leftover from the Latin Foods throwdown I should have won. :rolleyes::laugh:

CD

Vodka and Lemonade - simple and tasty

How about a Beergarita?
Sounds disgusting... but isnt.
Ingredients:
One can (12oz) of Minute Maid frozen Limeade
6 oz of Tequilla
(2) 12oz. cold light beers
All you have to do is dump the Limeade into a pitcher. Fill the empty
Limeade container half way with tequilla (hence the 6oz.) and add to
the pitcher. Now, this is where it gets tricky... take the 2 beers
and OPEN them. Now pour them into the pitcher. Stir until frozen limeade is thoroughly mixed. Pour over ice and DRINK.
Could it be any easier???
It is SO good and watch it... they tend to sneak up on you! :)

Here is a summertime project for you. It is a margarita machine made with a round cooler, a five gallon bucket, some PVC pipe, and a garbage disposal.

There are plans all over the internet. It works great.

Here is my friend Tony mixing up a batch of his famous Tonyritas at a teardrop camper gathering last fall. That's his "Insinkaritarator."

CD

Attachments

• TonyRitas2.jpg
    TonyRitas2.jpg
    142 KB · Views: 224
The further down the thread I got the better the drinks got. @ TN_BBQ; Gin is definitely a acquired taste and you either love it or hate it. As for me I think I will just have to fix an Gin & Tonic as soon asI get home. @ caseydog; thanks for the authentic, original piña colada recipe. I have to really watch out when I drink these as I can drink them like milkshakes and Katy bar the door. :becky:

Back