St.Louis Bound

• Thread starter LoneStarBarbeque Co.
  • Start date
L

LoneStarBarbeque Co.

Heading to St. Louis for several months for work. Any bretheren have eateries or recommend some good places.

Ted Drewes - best frozen custard around. if you like italian go to "the hill" it's a neighborhood that has the real deal. super smokers is good bbq if you need a fix. if you want an amazing steak and have some money to burn go to Shannon's downtown. you can cut it with butter knife. it's good stuff.

Thanks, definitlely will need a BBQ fix. and that's the second time I've heard about the hill. Sounds good.

what part of town you staying in? Pappy's is the place for bbq, but go for lunch cause when they run out they shut down. The hill has good italian, the loop is an eclectic area with good restaraunts, Soulard has a place called Fraziers that I like, Olympia for casual greek. Cherokee street has alot of authentic mexican taquerias. check riverfronttimes.com or saucemagazine.com for restaraunt reviews etc.

just a start

Grand ave (near SLU campus) has alot of Thai/Vietnamese restaraunts but also alot of alternative lifestyle friendly places. (absolutely goosed does make a mean martini) Blueberry hill on delmar in the loop is a must. chuck berry plays there about 1x a month. great burgers, memorabilia etc. truly a must see. Iron Barley in S. City is good (DDD went there) Broadway oyster bar near the stadium is a cool hole in the wall cajun place

Hodaks for some good fried chicken, PI for pizza (the pres had the chef make some pizza at white house...whether you like him or not, it says alot for the 'za) Llewelyns has an awesome steak n cheese sandwich, not like a philly. Barcelona or Modesto for tapas Boogaloo in maplewood for cool carribean style food

Welcome to St. Louis!!!

I think the BBQ at the Shaved Duck is quite good (see menu below)

Baby Back Ribs
$10.95 | $16.95
Fall off the bone after a good solid 8 hour smoke

Big Jimmy Sampler
$15.99
4 - St.Louis style ribs, beef brisket, pulled pork and pulled smoked chicken

Brisket of Beef
$7.50
Slowly smoked in with white/red oak and hickory

Pork Loin
$11.95
Slowly smoked, wrapped in apple and bacon, served with a cranberry apple chutney

Pulled Chicken Sandwich
$6.99
Smoked and served with spicy glaze

Pulled Pork Sandwich
$7.99
Slowly smoked for up to 20 hours for fall off the bone tenderness

Smoked Roasted Chicken
$8.99 | $14.99
Seasoned, smoked and roasted to order

St. Louis Style Spare Ribs
$9.95 | $15.95
House-made rub and smoked for approximately 8 hours

(ribs: layers of flavorful goodness un-sauced for your dining pleasure).

If you're still in St. Louis in September, you may want to check out the following comps:

September 12th will be the 3rd Annual Smoke-A-Palooza 2009 in St. Peters, Missouri, and

September 27th and 28th will be the 4th Annual Ballwin BBQ Bash with current over 100 teams registered, in Wildwood, Missouri

Regards.

Sumo Pig

... and though I haven't tried it yet, Mike Mills has a 17th Street Bar and Grill in nearby O'Fallon, Illinois (about 30 minutes from the St. Louis Airport). Maybe some of the other St. Louis Brethren can comment on 17th Street B&G.

SUMO PIG

I'll be in the south side but willing to travel for good Q.

It was always on the company dime, and usually with a customer, but I always had great steaks at Dierdorf & Hart's.

St. Louis is loaded with great food and about any cuisine you want.

Chris

It was always on the company dime, and usually with a customer, but I always had great steaks at Dierdorf & Hart's.

St. Louis is loaded with great food and about any cuisine you want.

Chris

Cool. Dan Dierdorf and Jim Hart were 2 of my favorite players for the St. Louis Football Cardinals. I don't follow the team since they moved to Az. :mad:

Back