BBQ Brethren "Aloha Hawaii" Throwdown! (Entries and Quality *CLEAN* Discussion Only)

Moose

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
Our new TD category is...

"Aloha Hawaii!"

As chosen by beercuer for his winning burrito in the "Big Farking Burrito" Throwdown.

CATEGORY DESCRIPTION - READ BEFORE ENTERING

beercuer said:
For the next TD, what say you we call it, "Aloha Hawaii!"

I'd like to pay tribute to my Hawaiian friends, and Hawaiian cuisine seems to get overlooked many times. The rule is, one does not need to produce an authentic traditional menu recipe, for example, roast a whole hog covered in banana leaves in a pit on the beach. But one should clearly incorporate elements that speak of Hawaii (i.e., sauces, associated fruits, spices, breads, etc). We don't want to stifle anyone's creativity here. Oh, and the wearing of hula skirts while tending pit is optional! :grin: Wish everyone a great time with this one!

What a great idea! I see the potential for some creative spam entries in this one!

You may submit entries that are cooked from Friday 5/24 through Sunday 6/2.

Entry pictures must be submitted by 6 a.m. Central US Time on Monday morning 6/3.

Click here to READ THE RULES for the BBQ Brethren Throwdown...

Please note that THIS is the entry thread. QUALITY ON-TOPIC discussion of the category or entries only, please. Discussion is encouraged to take place in the DISCUSSION THREAD, but if you want a recipe, or are looking for details or have QUALITY ON-TOPIC comments to make about an entry or the category you can make them in the ENTRY or VOTE thread.

Best of luck and even better eats to all!

Last edited:
Hmmm... Not much buzz around here. The way it's goin' CD will be the first to enter!

Shall I start this Round?
I honestly don' know where to begin. I planned a Luau and I pulled it off today. What a gas. Ready for the fun? Lets go!

Just a mess of Aloha Hawaii TD entry. Ma halo

Had a great weekend cooking for the Aloha Hawaii Throwdown. Here is my official entry thread. Ma halo

Gathered up a cast of characters

Got busy with a Spatchcock chicken brined and injected with pineapple juice

Onto the Kamado Hot and fast!

Mixed up a typical "Plate Lunch" Macaroni Salad

Pulled the chook and sauced it with Cattlemans Gold and roasted pineapple chunks

Fired up a couple racks of St Louis Style ribs rubbed with 5 spice and ginger

Me and my dog Cinnamon went hunting for some banana leaves

Yes, these will do nicely!

Whipped up a batch of Wampus's Peach Bourbon Beans smoked them for 2 hours with a nice fattie

Built an Ahi Poke Salad on Radicchio leaves

Then me and my trusty sous chef, Roy began wrapping the Mahi Mahi Laulau in the banana leaves with a bed of sauteed veggies in ginger and garlic.

Mission Accomplished

Set-up a steam pan of apple cider

Commenced to steamin'

Broke out the "Kings Hawaiian" Sweet rolls for the Chicken Sammies

Pulled the ribs and sauced them with Hoisin and a touch of hone and soy

Threw down the gauntlet

My Plate

Please use this as my polling shot

Ma halo! This Haole is done. ALOHA! Bragh
Jed

two-thumbs-up-smiley-emoticon.gif

Holy chit HT that is awesome.

Shazbot, Jed! That's the Spirit!!!-- Excellent, excellent, excellent! And it looks like you had a whale of a good time at it as well. Nice touch with the hibiscus flower. You outdone yourself on this one for sure. Even looks shot on location. Any brew to go with that?

Shazbot, Jed! That's the Spirit!!!-- Excellent, excellent, excellent! And it looks like you had a whale of a good time at it as well. Nice touch with the hibiscus flower. You outdone yourself on this one for sure. Even looks shot on location. Any brew to go with that?

Forgot the picture of the Kona Longboard Lager schnizit! :oops:

Back